Company: Phoenix Investments
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 6, 2020
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance--
- 401K Plan + Match
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities--
- Paid TrainingThis position is the top-level financial position
in the dealership and requires the ability to direct accounting
work of some complexity.-- Dealership accounting is deceptively
complex and requires knowledge of accounting theory, principles and
procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge creatively to a
well-defined standard system designed for use by Harley-Davidson
motorcycle dealerships.This position is responsible for supervising
the accounting use of dealership management software; supervising
the work of accounting assistants; supervising the preparation of
financial and statistical reports; supervising the preparation of
budgets, projections and forecasts; and for the submission of
monthly financial information to Harley-Davidson Motor
Company.--Key Result Areas--* Accounting Processes and Systems
- Cash Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Auditing & Report Writing
- Financial Analysis
- Work Unit Performance--Major Duties and
Responsibilities--1)Accounting Processes & Systems--* Establish the
accounting policies, practices, standards and controls of the
dealership and supervise the maintenance of all books and records
recording dealership assets, liabilities, ownership investments and
revenue and expense transactions.
- Resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing
of dealership transactions.--* Supervise the submission of
financial and statistical data to the Harley-Davidson Dealer
DashboardTM using dealership management system features or through
h-dnet.com on the Internet.
- Recommend and implement changes to continuously improve systems
and financial performance.
- Prepare special financial analyses as directed by
management.2)Cash Management and Regulatory Compliance--* Represent
the dealership with banks, insurance providers and other financial
services firms and negotiate favorable rates and programs for the
- Supervise the management of cash by accelerating receipts,
timing disbursements to the dealerships best advantage, and
utilizing all available credit facilities to take maximum advantage
of all cash available to the dealership.
- Supervise compliance with taxing authority regulations, the
filing of all required tax returns and reports, and the remittance
of all tax payments on a timely basis.
- Supervise compliance with Department of Motor Vehicle
regulations, the filing of all required reports, and the remittance
of all payments on a timely basis.3)Auditing & Report Writing--*
Distribute reviewed financial reports, graphs, trend analyses and
revised forecasts to management together with narrative comments
and verbal discussion to assist in understanding important results
and trends and improve financial performance.
- Supervise the investigation of any anomalies noted in
dealership books and the preparation of general journal entries to
adjust accounts and reports to appropriate amounts.
- Review reports on the Harley-Davidson Dealer DashboardTM for
accuracy.-- Download, print and distribute Dealer DashboardTM
reports for dealership managers and assist them with evaluation of
dealership performance relative to comparative
aggregates.4)--Financial Analysis--* Establish major economic
objectives and policies for the dealership and supervise the
preparation of periodic financial, statistical, and graphical
reports that summarize the dealership's financial position and
results of operations for each accounting period.
- Co-ordinate and direct the preparation of budgets and financial
forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control
procedures, and analyze report variances.-- Update forecasts and
projections with new information, as it becomes available.
- Execute dealer management system reports to generate
statistical information for submission to the Harley-Davidson
Dealer DashboardTM.-- Submit financial and statistical data to the
Harley-Davidson Dealer DashboardTM using dealership management
system features or through h-dnet.com on the Internet.
- Prepare special financial analyses as directed by
management.--Supervisory Responsibilities--* Establish departmental
work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees.
- Establish job assignments for all Accounting Department
personnel within their skill level.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Set policies and procedures for the Accounting Department.
- Conduct employee performance reviews with all Accounting
- Work with all Accounting Department employees to establish
training plans.--Commitments--* Treat all employees and customers
fairly, courteously, with dignity and extraordinary respect.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service
personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers,
employees and owner(s).
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.--Qualifications &
Job Requirements--* 4-year college degree with a major in
accounting is required.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or
Master of Business Administration degree with an emphasis on
accounting and finance is highly desirable.
- 7 years minimum experience including at least 2 years
experience as a Controller for a small or medium size company.
- Proficiency with at least one accounting software program -
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft
- Proficiency using a database management program such as
- Proficiency using an Internet browser.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.We are an
equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Phoenix Investments, Palm Bay , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!