Company: Steward Health Care System
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Location: Steward Medical Group - Central
Posted Date: 9/16/2021
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all
daily tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a busy
- Use of athenaCollector for scheduling patient appointments,
including patient registration, and practice billing.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the
following:Verify patient Insurance eligibility and adding insurance
- Patient Scheduling, including cancelling and rescheduling
appointments, creating multi resource appts, using waitlists, and
double booking when applicable.
- Patient Check-In
- Collecting Patient Co-pays/Payments.
- Patient Check-Out
- Using Workflow Dashboard
- Completing Day End Activities
- Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately;
takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that
the appropriate physician/staff member and received the
information. Provides routine information to callers
- Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares
the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been
selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the
chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for
patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital as
- Verifies information from patients including demographic and
health insurance information
- Prepare's documents for billing physician encounters; enters
data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
- Provides administrative support for physician. Prepares
correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters
information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a
highly confidential nature
- Organizes and updates patient files, charts, and records
- Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering
- Performs other duties as requestedSKILLS AND
- Education from approved medical administrative program or
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
- Experience with EMR strongly preferred (Athena or eCW a
- Experience with Microsoft Office suiteSteward Health Care is
the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United
States. The company is owned and led by a management team of
Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs
more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35
hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta
and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and
safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers
and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health
services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately
2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed
care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians
across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million
patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's
employed physician group, provides more than six million patient
encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals
in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including
Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit .
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or
expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations
to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe,
carefully managed environment - with confidence and without
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point]
standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away
from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for
patient and colleague safety.
Keywords: Steward Health Care System, Palm Bay , Medical Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Sebastian, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!