Senior Specification Writer
Company: CDM Smith
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2022
CDM Smith is an engineering and construction firm delivering
legendary service, smart solutions for the environment and
infrastructure, and an unmatched experience for our clients and
employees. Our firm works with clients around the world to
implement solutions to meet current and future needs. CDM Smith is
not considering consulting firms for this position.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position.
This position can be based out of any CDM Smith U.S. based
- Under general direction, writes, edits and coordinates use of
basic to advanced project technical specifications related to the
engineering and architecture professions, for design or
design-build in partnership with design engineers.
- Coordinates review of Division 00/01 with project managers and
firm's counsel. Can include integrating client front ends or
generating EJCDC front ends.
- Develops, maintains, and updates project specifications table of
contents (TOC) based on section lists received from each
- Creates, updates, and maintains specification section development
- Incorporates appropriate federal, state, and local requirements
(including state or federal funding agency checklists, if
- Leads the quality checking process for the project technical
- Provides regular updates to each project's PM and design
- In partnership with other specification writers, Community of
Practice (CoP) leaders and discipline leaders, updates and
maintains the master specifications library. Recommends updates to
specifications library and other related policies and
- Participates in writing new master specifications for the firm's
library as needed. Coordinates specific master specification
divisions knowledge base as part of team.
- Uploads specifications sections into specifications systems (ex:
ProjectWise) Compiles and maintains a complete project manual to be
used for duplication and ad hoc reporting.
- Provides specifications related training to staff.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
Senior Specification Writer
- Bachelor's degree and Professional Engineer (PE), Registered
Architect (RA) or related technical registration/license OR
Bachelor's degree and CCS Certification.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The
frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties,
responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position,
which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- Well-rounded experience with design, project management and
- Experience writing and editing engineering technical
specifications for public, government and private sector
- Experience with CSI format requirements for technical
specifications, EJCDC front end documents and working with
multi-discipline teams to develop specifications required.
- Experience using master specifications, writing and editing
vertical and horizontal construction specifications. Familiarity
with DOT, SpecsIntact and international specifications
- Membership in CSI with CDT or CCS certification desirable or DBIA
or other construction/design industry certification requiring
education, experience, testing and CE credit requirements.
- Knowledge of necessary formatting requirements for technical
- Requires occasional domestic travel.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their
efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and
progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that
span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with
projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as
diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related
conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics,
protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by
**Why CDM Smith?:**
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
**Join Us! CDM Smith - where amazing career journeys unfold.**
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee
experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you.
Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where
your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are
encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools
and resources to do so. Where it's a priority that the company
takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of
choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and
inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership,
career growth and development for every employee. We value
passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class
solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and
together we will make a difference and change the world.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from
the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for
your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member
of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All
unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to
any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will
be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held
liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for
**Skills and Abilities:**
- Advanced knowledge of necessary formatting requirements for
- Advanced knowledge in MasterSpec, SpecsIntact and Microsoft Word
- Strong ability to work within client-centered, multidiscipline
engineering design teams to both coordinate and lead project
- Expert knowledge of project bidding and contract procedures.
- Strong problemsolving skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of engineering design project specifications
production and delivery methods, including alternate project
delivery methods and approaches.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter
collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") are committed to your
health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all
applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Keywords: CDM Smith, Palm Bay , Senior Specification Writer, Advertising , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!