Flight Line Mechanic
Company: Piper Aircraft Inc
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Why Piper Aircraft?Pipers worldwide headquarters is based in
beautiful Vero Beach, FL., located just a few miles from the
Atlantic Coast.We are the largest private employer in Indian River
County and offer exciting and enriching careers. We aim to be the
best. So its only natural that we strive to recruit the best people
in and to give you every opportunity to become even better. After
all, ours is a company that never stands still. Thats why we
provide a supportive team-working environment in which each
individuals needs are respected. No matter what role youre in,
youll help us make the most of our business. And well help you make
the most of your abilities. So, make Piper Aircraft your ultimate
destination. Together, well go further than you ever thought
- 10 minute drive to the ocean for a relaxing beach day
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k effective within
the first 60 days
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Discounts within the Vero Beach Community at local
Perform a wide variety of complex operations in support of the
flight testing of aircraft such as install, adjust and troubleshoot
aircraft systems including but not limited to engine set up, fuel
calibrations, avionics and engine instrumentation packages. As well
as fueling and de-fueling procedures on both piston and turbine
engines; set-up and adjust aircraft flight control systems to
obtain optimum flight characteristics to engineering
specifications. May be required to accompany flight test pilots in
making in-flight adjustments to various aircraft systems. Work
independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.Essential
Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders,
travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags,
schedules, aircraft production orders, schematics, layout &
modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec
(PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), test pilot squawks, Material
Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Review station paper work for shortages. Report shortages to
- Adjust work process to meet production schedules.
- Provide recommendation to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Perform initial engine set up adjustments: fuel flow, fuel
pressure, vacuum, engine idle and RPM limits.
- Make necessary adjustment to voltage regulators on dual
alternator installations for electronic load sharing.
- Set up and operate the aircraft electronic navigation test
equipment in accordance with company specifications prepare
aircraft for flight operations affixing Production Acceptance stamp
as required by aircraft paperwork.
- Report machine/equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Perform pressurization, hydraulic, and landing gear functional
- Connect master gauge to verify accuracy of all aircraft
- Fit, trim, align, and adjust parts and components.
- Solder, crimp, route and tie off electrical components as
- Occasionally remove/install and rig various components
throughout the complete aircraft.
- Test installed parts and accessories for leakage, continuity,
and functionality; rework/repair, or replace faulty
- Perform various operations on licensed aircraft and make
applicable log book entries. (Must be signed-off by the designated
Manufacturing Maintenance Facility MMF representative.)
- Assist engine manufacturer representatives in replacing
external engine accessories.
- Maintain all necessary records, files, and reports.
- Responsible for the aircraft release for flight forms.
- Accurately complete Break Of Inspection Record (BOI) in
accordance with company procedures.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as
specified by departmental tool list.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation,
faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to
- Continuously monitor outside areas for foreign object and
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. May be required
to train and assist other employees.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.Education And
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and minimum
of 1 year of mechanical experience. Those who donot hold an A&P
License may be considered; must have an additional 2 years of
directly related experience i.e. minimum of 3 years of experience.
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ratio and
percent, and apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and
electronic circuitry. Employee must be constantly aware of both
aircraft and personnel movement throughout the entire flight line
Keywords: Piper Aircraft Inc, Palm Bay , Flight Line Mechanic, Engineering , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!