Specialist, Quality Engineering
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Quality Engineering Job
Code: SAS20220408-88160 Job Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
The Mission Assurance Lead will be responsible for leading mission
assurance activities to provide independent oversight for the
respective system designs, product builds, testing, integration and
support required for programs within the Space and Airborne
business segment. The position will report to the Mission Assurance
Senior Manager. The candidate will be responsible for driving
continual process and product improvement ensuring product and
process integrity, leading to customer satisfaction, overall
mission success while supporting division quality, delivery and
cost targets. This is a hands-on, highly involved position.
- Hands on leader with responsibility for resolving technical
challenges, ensuring successful tactical execution, as well as
creating and implementing the strategic vision for the Quality and
Mission Assurance department.
- Work closely with the program teams and the functional
organizations in a DOD environment to ensure that all phases of the
customer life cycle, from early customer involvement through
post-delivery support, meet the requirements for mission
- Experience in presenting formal FRB / RCCA packages to internal
and external customers as well as senior leadership.
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality records that
document the quality status of material/products and provide
necessary information and cumulative data for internal and external
- Expeiernce leading a cross-functional team to accomplish
specific Program/Mission goals.
- Review and verify compliance of all Work Package Descriptions
(WPDs) issued for Quality tasks for proposals and ongoing
- Develop and implement Quality plans and programs promoting
sound and effective principles as set forth in company procedures,
government standards and directives, and commercially proven
methodology and ensure that the department conforms to these
- Improve the efficiency of the Quality organization through
effective leadership, individual and group training, and process
- Lead implementation of new processes, activities, and culture
that enhance the customer experience and engage every employee in a
quality focused mindset.
- Utilize Cost of Poor Quality data to improve yields and reduce
rework during engineering and manufacturing efforts.
- Take a lead role in building a culture that reinforces
compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and/or guidelines and
internal command media.
- Verify subcontractor inspection or technical document
preparation procedures to verify compliance with contract
- Perform design reviews and facilitate design and quality
- Provide independent evaluation of technical gate reviews to
ensure technical rigor is being applied to the process.
- Collection and analysis of internal performance metrics to
develop zero defect plans and report to senior leadership on
business performance including action plans to improve business
execution and status of strategic initiatives. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or
technical equivalent with 4+ years of experience or Master's degree
with 2 + years of experience. Preferred Additional Skills:
- In depth knowledge of quality and reliability methods and
procedures for Space hardware and software systems as they apply to
the aerospace and electronics industry, including
electro-mechanical design, manufacturing, assembly, integration,
- Experience developing and executing Mission Assurance plans for
Space industry programs.
- Greenbelt certification and/or proven education or work history
in leading and implementing projects.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to
achieve timely results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including
communications, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and
- Highly collaborative style, capable of working across multiple
functional areas to drive results.
- Experience with Configuration Control management
- Experience with MRP, ERP, Agile Oracle, Windchill, Doors
- Experience with NASA, J-STD and IPC standard
- ASQ certification (CQA, CQE, etc.)
- Experience within an AS9100 certified business.
- Active security clearance L3Harris Technologies is proud to be
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Specialist, Quality Engineering, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!