Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Why Join the Team?
1. To apply your theorical and technical knowledge to practical
applications around powertrain
2. Work on exciting and engaging project (personal watercraft,
3. Take part in dynamic product development in a company focused on
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 4-stroke engine and vehicle calibration
projects (calibration lead)
- Define engine control unit calibration strategies to meet
- Lead and coordinate associated calibration project
- Participate in engine optimization tests on an engine
dynamometer, chassis, and on water
- Develop a network of contacts in all product development
departments around the world
- Become familiar with the various tools and software solutions
used in your work environment
- Collaborate on the development of engine control unit
- Help to diagnose system malfunctions and vehicle responses
- Establish calibration methodologies to reduce development time
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Controls
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in engine
- Ability to train onsite in Canada for up to 18 months
- Excellent knowledge of how engines and transmission systems
- In-depth knowledge of physical, thermodynamic, mechanical, and
- Knowledge of engine mapping, calibration strategies (reduction
of polluting emissions, performance, reliability, etc), and exhaust
treatment (catalytic converter)
- Knowledge and experience with modern engine control unit and
- Awareness and interest for engine and vehicle technologies
- Enthusiasm for power sports and mechanics
- Dynamic person, driven by technical challenges Does this sound
like you? We look forward to receiving your application.
AT BRP, WHEN WE TALK ABOUT BENEFITS, WE GO ALL IN.
Let's start with a strong foundation - You want it, we have it:
- Bonus potential: We work hard and BRP recognizes that with a
discretionary annual bonus.
- Generous paid time off: we feel that winding down is as
important as creating the future of recreational products so we
offer a competitive vacation package
- Competitive 401k offering. We want to make sure you enjoy
retirement and believe in helping you get there. We provide a
generous dollar-for-dollar match. What about some feel good extra
- Flexible work schedule: balance is key to innovation, and we
want to make sure you are at the top of your game with a schedule
that will work for you.
- Holiday season shutdown: between Christmas and New Year's, we
close some of our facilities and refill on good times.
- Educational resources: We love to fuel your curiosity and
encourage you to learn more so we provide you resources to stay
cutting-edge, therefore, we all win together.
- Discount on BRP products: what we build is amazing, freeing,
revolutionary, and you're first in line for the experience.
- Growth opportunities: We believe in investing in you and your
development. Stay with us and grow with us!
WELCOME TO BRP
We're a world leader in recreational vehicles and boats, creating
innovative ways to move on snow, water, asphalt, dirt and even in
the air. Headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec,
our company is rooted in a spirit of ingenuity and intense customer
focus. Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Canada, the
United States, Mexico, Finland, Australia and Austria, with a
workforce made up of close to 20,000 spirited people, all driven by
the deeply held belief that at work, as with life itself, it's not
about the destination; It's about the journey.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: BRP, Palm Bay , Calibration Engineer, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...