Chief Engineer (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: December 28, 2018
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Leads the technical solution development.
- Oversees both COTS and GOTS technical solution systems design and development; ensures that each solution would meet Government's system requirements.
- SAIC is looking for an expert/senior systems engineer to join the team supporting our customer we have partnered with, AAR Corp., to support Department Of State Air Wing mission in Melbourne / Palm Bay, Fl. Chief Engineer to perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, implementation, and decommission.
- Works directly under the Program Manager providing overall technical support for the entire System.
- Provide technical leadership to a team working closely with the Solutions Architect.
- The System Engineers perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative systems and applications, and ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability.
- The Chief Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of all sub teams, and for ensuring integration across teams and with external stakeholders and customers.
- The Air Wing Enterprise Solutions (AWES) 2020 program is focused on delivering a comprehensive Aviation management information system to support the needs of US Department of State's (DoS) Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, Office of Aviation (INL/A). AWES 2020 will support three primary functions: Flight Operations, Aircraft Maintenance, and Logistics Management.
- The successful candidate will perform engineering analysis of legacy systems/services to identify duplicative capabilities, gaps, critical activities, efficiencies, and overall areas for improvement.
- Identify issues affecting end-to-end performance of systems, provide engineering support to system testing and assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions.
- Support analysis and determination of risk probability and enterprise impact, prioritization of perceived risks, and establish risk monitoring and management strategies.
Qualifications Required Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent with an additional 4+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Technology design skills; adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Ability to logically and systematically convert customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Ability to perform trade analysis for COTS and GOTS applications for System of Systems solution Clearance Requirement
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance Desired Experience:
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
- Ability to analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Apply the Concept of Operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of an organization
- Demonstrate knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science, and technology
- Experience with activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
- Experience working within an Enterprise Scaled Agile Framework
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Complex problem solving skills#LI-RP1
Keywords: SAIC, Palm Bay , Chief Engineer (Military Veterans Wanted!), Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!