Mechanical Engineer/Thermal Analyst (Electronic Warfare)
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: January 23, 2019
Description: Title: Mechanical Engineer/Thermal Analyst (Electronic Warfare) REQ ID: ES-29603 Location: Palm Bay, Florida Job Description:
- Mechanical Engineer to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including complex electronic packaging in a program team environment.
- Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, supply chain, manufacturing activities, and assembly/integration and testing. Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, design for manufacturing, and ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Technical skills will be applied to develop robust electronic packaging solutions for use in harsh environments. Products are typically designed and tested to MIL-STD-810(G) environmental standards; therefore, experience and/or exposure in designing products for military applications is preferred.
- Engineer to perform mechanical analysis tasks on complex systems including electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment. Position includes program support and technical leadership over requirements definition and compliance verification, concept generation, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and test, and presenting analysis to engineering & management teams internal and external to Harris. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines
- 6+ years of design engineering experience in a related field or 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree.
- Experience in the design of electronics for high reliability and severe dynamic environments.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as CREO and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards
- Candidate must have experience in aerospace system analysis with an emphasis on thermal analysis, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Candidate must have strong proficiency in thermal design and analysis using Flotherm or equivalent software, must have thermal management experience involving forced convection and liquid cooling techniques.
- Proficiency in analysis FEA tools such as Femap, NASTRAN, ANSYS.
- Candidate shall have strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for solving complex problems through innovation, working with peers and cross-functional team members.
- Experience in engineering drawing development Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the design and documentation of high-reliability cable harnesses
- Experience working in electronic warfare or other government/DoD contracting environment is preferred
- Ability to obtain DoD secret security clearance This position requires the candidate to already possess an Interim Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay
Activation Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Mechanical Engineer/Thermal Analyst (Electronic Warfare), Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!