Seniorr Associate, Mechanical Engineer - Packaging
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Description: Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Packaging Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Code: SIS-29253 Job Description: Engineer to perform mechanical packaging tasks for complex systems containing electrical, optical, and RF hardware. Technical leadership over the entire design and development process including concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final documentation, assembly/integration, and testing. Candidate must have experience in the design of packaging for high reliability and severe environments and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplinary team environment. Experience with military and/or aerospace systems preferred. Qualifications:
- 2+ years with Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in design of electronic, optical, or RF systems, racks, and cabling, along with engineering drawing development.
- Proficiency in CAD tools, preferably PTC Creo, and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in the design and documentation of high-reliability cable harnesses.
- Experience developing enclosures for CCA's and managing thermal transfer, shock, and vibration. Security Clearance: Please be aware that this position requires the candidate to have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay Activation Date: Friday, December 14, 2018 Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 Apply Here - provided by Dice Aerospace, Assembly, Cabling, CAD, CCA, Development, Genetic, Hardware, HTML, HTTP, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineer, Packaging, RF, Security, Testing
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Seniorr Associate, Mechanical Engineer - Packaging, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!