Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - Space Packaging Design
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - Space Packaging Design Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Code: SIS-28804 Do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who will design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the intelligence community with actionable intelligence to protect our nation. Our team is a collection of highly technical problem solvers, invigorated by creating first-of-a-kind systems. You will help solve the most demanding technical challenges while enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making the nation a safer place. Job Description: Engineer to perform mechanical packaging tasks for complex systems containing electrical, optical, and RF hardware. Technical leadership over the entire design and development process including concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final documentation, assembly/integration, and testing. Qualifications:
- 4+ years with Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in the design of packaging for high reliability and severe environments and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplinary team environment preferred.
- Experience with military and/or aerospace systems preferred.
- Experience in design of electronic, optical, or RF systems, racks, and cabling, along with engineering drawing development.
- Proficiency in CAD tools, preferably PTC Creo, and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in the design and documentation of high-reliability cable harnesses.
- Experience developing enclosures for CCA's and managing thermal transfer, shock, and vibration. Security Clearance: Please be aware that this position requires the candidate to have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay Activation Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 Apply Here - provided by Dice Aerospace, Assembly, Cabling, CAD, CCA, Development, Genetic, Hardware, HTML, HTTP, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineer, Packaging, Packaging Design, RF, Security, Testing
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - Space Packaging Design, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!