Sr Associate, Mechanical Engineer
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: February 20, 2019
Description: Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Job Code: SIS-29903 Job Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Description: Mechanical Engineer to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment. Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing. Qualifications:
- 2+ years' relevant experience with Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or related discipline; or equivalent
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in SATCOM systems (experience with large parabolic antennas and military trucks, transportable equipment shelters is preferred).
- Solid understanding of mechanical design principles and the ability to perform structural analysis, center of gravity calculations, packing and loading requirements of systems for transport, transportability analysis for military aircraft, rail and vehicle transport, and loading and towing capacity analysis.
- Must have experience with environmental requirements on DoD programs (temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, etc).
- Experience with parabolic antenna operation (setup, teardown, and antenna motion and tracking) is a plus.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or other 3-D modeling tools is preferred.
- Experience in design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as SolidWorks and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Proficiency in analysis FEA tools such as Femap, NASTRAN, ANSYS. Security Clearance: Please be aware this position requires an active Top Secret Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay Activation Date: Monday, February 4, 2019 Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 Apply Here - provided by Dice Aerospace, Analysis, Assembly, CAD, Development, Electronic Systems, Environmental, FEA, Genetic, Hardware, HTML, HTTP, Mechanical, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Engineer, Modeling, Packaging, Research, Security, Testing
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Sr Associate, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!