Environmental Test Mechanical Engineer
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: May 6, 2019
Description: Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Environmental Test
Job Code: SIS-29293 Job Location: Palm, Bay, FL Job Description:
This is a hands-on testing position and requires knowledge in the
area of experimental dynamics techniques and procedures. Supporting
activities will include:
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of environmental
testing projects varying in complexity from development to final
product qualification testing.
- Responsible for the vibration testing of unfurl-able reflectors
and solid dish space antenna products. This includes both
subassembly and system level assemblies.
- Capture and address nonconformance using root cause corrective
- Required to diagnose and troubleshoot instrumentation, sensors,
and data acquisition systems.
- Support testing operating electro-dynamic shakers, shock test
simulators, drop testers and data collection activities in lab and
- Responsible for conducting pyrotechnic shock and frequency
response measurements for structural characterization.
- Competency fulfilling a leadership role in the investigation,
identification, and resolution efforts in the field of mechanical
shock and vibrations.
- Strong understanding of signal processing techniques and
measurements best practices.
- Application of various experimental dynamics testing techniques
such as FRF analysis, modal analysis, order analysis, transfer path
analysis (TPA), and operating deflection shape analysis (ODS).
- Generation of test reports following test activities.
- 4+ years of experience with Bachelor's degree in Mechanical
engineering with focus in experimental dynamics, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Ability to lead a team up to 10 people on test activities
- Ability to work up to 15 feet on an elevated platform
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including: MS Windows and office products
(excel, PowerPoint, word, and project), and MATLAB
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and
- Team player, pro-active, and customer oriented with a sense of
urgency to accomplish a given task or goal
- Possess a high level of initiative and willingness to
- Experience with process improvement tools including Lean Six
Sigma, 5S or Kaizen Security Clearances Please be aware many of our
positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances
may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who
accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to
government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. By submitting
your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and agree that
Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as any other
related personal information or documentation you provide, with its
subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of
considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other
group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will
support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS
Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable
regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Job Category: Engineering
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay
Activation Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Environmental Test Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!