Associate Manager, Quality Engineer
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: January 8, 2020
Job Title: Associate Manager, Quality EngineeringJob Code:
SAS20192511-34963Job Location: Palm Bay, FLJob Description: The
Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be responsible for
leading a team of approximately 6-10 employees made up of Program
Quality and Manufacturing Quality Engineers located in the Palm Bay
development facility. Effectively manage quality engineering team
to ensure successful implementation and sustainment of L3Harris'
quality management system in support of the F-35 TR3 programs
within the Space and Airborne Systems business segment. Effective
collaboration with manufacturing engineering, program management,
operations management, supplier quality engineering, supply chain
and manufacturing engineering is critical to the role. -In
addition, the Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be
required to perform quality engineering tasks on program as well as
performance management and talent development.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for successfully leading and developing a team of
high caliber quality professionals.
- Responsible for performance management of team members include
hiring, promotion and compensation authority within own
organization, in accordance with management review and
- Leads projects, provides training, logistical and
infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership,
and measurement of quality management system and Zero-Defect
- Ensures internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party
requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved.
- Drives early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure
quality is built into the design and processes.
- Develops budget and monitors expenditures for Quality
- Apply AS9100 and other respective quality standards and ensure
- Apply Harris policies, procedures and standards that are
relevant to the respective program and functional
- Apply principles of quality science, and other qualitative &
quantitative methods to cultivate and partner in driving
performance to contract, quality, cost and schedule, customer
satisfaction and continuous quality improvement throughout the
- Collaborate with various QMS elements and other support
functions and customers to meet the various quality, cost, and
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a technical field (engineering
preferred) with -6 years of experience within operations, supply
chain, quality, or related experience or Graduate Degree with a
minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of Quality initiatives in manufacturing
environment.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active secret clearance desired.
- Strong -interactive skills, written and verbal -communication
- Strong -ability -to focus, prioritize, and multi-task
successfully to drive tasks -to closure to support commitments and
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with
-Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) with suppliers.
- SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Technical experience working with special processors and
- AS -9100/ISO 9001 quality system and process audit
- Supplier development and engagement.
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred.
- Quality engineering experience with transitioning development
programs to full production environment preferred.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Associate Manager, Quality Engineer, Executive , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!