Senior Associate, Material Management
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: January 8, 2020
Job Title: Senior Associate, Material Management
Job Code: SAS20190212-35039
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: -L3Harris is seeking a Materials Management Senior
Associate for the Mission Avionics Sector located in Palm Bay, FL.
This individual will be responsible for providing material
management services in support of proposal activities. This can
include responsibilities such as:
- Act as liaison between Program Management Office, Engineering,
Contracts, Finance, Subcontracts, and Material Proposal
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to
understand the procurement and manufacturing requirements.
- Translate program material requirements into expected system
inputs based on Material Proposal Pricing Best Practices and
Policies and Procedures.
- Attend Proposal Kick-Off, Proposal Cost Review, Red-Team, and
other meetings as necessary to support.
- Facilitate generation of Engineering Estimate
- Complete BOM Grading.
- Complete Pre- and Post-Negotiations Checklists.
- Participate in improvement project teams such as EVMS as
- Facilitate cost reduction initiatives.
- Submit RFQ's to suppliers to develop Consolidated Material
Lists (CML) pricing as required.
- Negotiate price, delivery and quality of products/services as
- Confer with suppliers to determine factors that affect
competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality,
reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Interpret and navigate FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and
regulations, as well as customer flow downs and internal processes
and procedures to ensure compliance.Essential Functions:
- Serve as the supply chain interface to the program and align
integrated supply chain resources and solutions with business
- Ensure timely issue resolution for program requirements and
- Represent supply chain and provide input at meetings as
- Using LEAN/Six Sigma and critical thinking skills to propose
sound and innovative business solutions that contribute to business
- Accountable for meeting requirements necessary for successful
proposal submittal and any auditing activities thereafter.
- Deliver all proposal material and labor inputs on time.
- Support and/or lead the development of supply chain proposal
team roles / responsibilities.
- Drive timely closure of specification and drawing issues.
- Collaborate with general procurement, subcontracts, data
analytics, quality, engineering, finance and program management to
mitigate cost and schedule risk as much as possible during the
- Partner with supply chain data analytics to develop metrics and
reports that enable visibility and measure impact of supply chain
- Participate in and/or lead strategic initiatives such as lead
- Ensure material strategy meets program financial objectives and
- Communicate effectively with a wide array of professional
levels and functions.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related
experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a
minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or
equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.Preferred
- 2+ years of experience using MRP systems.
- 2+ years of experience in purchasing / procurement or an
engineering related field.
- U.S. granted government security clearance.
- Experience working in the US DOD manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and
standards along with a basic knowledge of the manufacturing
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with FAR, ITAR, and EAR
- Experience in Supply Chain principles and concepts, spend
management tools, purchasing insight into buying and selling
principles, negotiations, awareness of different contract types,
financial and quantitative analytical skills, commodity management,
supplier and performance measurement tools, and exposure to
sourcing process, and Lean Six Sigma.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Senior Associate, Material Management, Executive , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!