Director 2 - Supplier Quality (Redondo Beach, Palmdale, or Melbourne)
Company: CLEARED CONNECTIONS
Location: Melbourne Beach
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Security Clearance Jobs for Defense and Intelligence Careers
Director 2 - Supplier Quality (Redondo Beach, Palmdale, or
Melbourne) Climb to new heights on your journey when you start
Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career
in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect
our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take
advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push
past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse,
collaborative environment with professionals across the nation
ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman's Aeronautics Systems sector is hiring a Director
2 of Supplier Quality to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in either Redondo Beach
or Palmdale, CA or Melbourne, FL, and will be responsible for
managing the Supplier Quality organization consisting of
approximately 150 quality engineers, quality field engineers,
quality analysts, receiving inspectors, auditors and data
Responsibilities and job duties include:
- Directs and manages quality performance requirements that are
levied on all suppliers for the sector and is required to ensure
that it meets program expectations.
- Responsible for the people, processes and tools required to
perform Supplier Quality SOW.
- Establishes and implements the mission, vision, strategies and
initiatives to drive affordability and long-term improvement within
- Must be knowledgeable of government requirements referenced in
AS9100 and other regulations such as counterfeit and cyber
- Manage the established metrics and thresholds in accordance
with Mission Assurance and Programs mission and goals.
- Address supplier issues by leading sector response teams in
collaboration with the supplier, supply chain, engineering and
production organizations, as required.
- Briefs executive management and the customer on the status of
issues affecting program performance.
- Conducts program reviews with the supplier.
- Interacts closely with Global Supply Chain leadership on a
- Collaborates regularly with DCMA and other government
- Member of the Corporate Quality Council team and provides
project leadership for corporate initiatives. Successful candidates
- Make decisions that will positively impact the performance of
the internal teams and the supply chain.
- Have experience with ERP systems such as SAP. As a leader, you
always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards
characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve
predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of
internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect,
and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how
to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and
inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued
customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people
throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their
work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and
respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the
information and tools needed to perform at their best. You
demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet
the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies
that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable
- Must have a Bachelor's degree AND 10 years of related
professional experience that includes a background in Mission
Assurance or Global Supply Chain, OR a Master's degree and 8 years
of related professional experience that includes a background in
Mission Assurance or Global Supply Chain.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance that is in-scope
(granted or renewed in the last 6 years), with the ability to
attain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to attain and maintain Special Program Access
(PAR) within a reasonable amount of time as determined by business
needs. Preferred Qualifications:
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance strong preferred
- Current Special Program Access (PAR)
- Extensive Leadership experience, preferably within the
Aerospace and Defense industry
- 8 years of direct Aerospace Quality experience
- MS or MBA degree highly preferred Northrop Grumman is committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions. How to apply Employer provided a link where your
application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow
Keywords: CLEARED CONNECTIONS, Palm Bay , Director 2 - Supplier Quality (Redondo Beach, Palmdale, or Melbourne), Executive , Melbourne Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!