Sr Mgr, Program Management - Proposals
Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: April 1, 2021
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more
important than ever to meet our customers' mission-critical needs.
L3Harris is continuing to hire talented people to join our team,
and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring
practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate
interviews and prioritizing video interviews. We also have virtual
new hire onboarding processes in place for those whose jobs can be
performed remotely. Click here to learn more about opportunities
with L3Harris. For more information on L3Harris' response to the
COVID-19 situation, click here . Our Business and Operations team
has an unwavering focus on our commitment to excellence in
everything we do. They're the backbone of our ability to deliver
mission solutions with speed, innovation and flawless
- Full Time
- Level: Varies
- Travel: None Success Profile What makes a successful Business
and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the
- Technical Quote Job Description L3Harris is dedicated to
recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are
passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a
shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for
professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging
environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life
success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on
values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence
in everything we do. L3Harris Technologies is an agile global
aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end
solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company
provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air,
land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18
billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in
more than 100 countries. Description: Job Title: Sr Mgr, Program
Management - Proposals Job Code: SAS20210103-57311 Job Location:
Palm Bay, FL Job Description: The F-35 Avionics team is seeking a
Sr. Manager, Program Management to lead a team accountable for
creating and executing Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and
follow-on production proposals. Proposals rang in value, up to
$100M and include production follow-up with multiple contract
types. The individual will report to the Vice President / General
Manager, and partner with program leaders, engineering teams, and
functional support to provide proposal management and independent
proposal assessment expertise in accordance with L3Harris processes
and procedures. The successful candidate is both strategic and
detail oriented, and able to negotiate successfully with our prime
customers. The position is located in Palm Bay, FL. Essential
- Performs as--proposal manager for follow-on production lots and
ECPs by leading proposal effort from Kickoff, Technical Baseline
Review (TBR), Proposal Cost Review (PCR), Pricing reviews and cost
- Oversees the--generation, quality and timeliness of proposal
submittals and status reporting internally and externally.
- Participates--in the negotiation of contracts and contract
changes; ensures Program leadership buy-in on negotiation
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans,
performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating
budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of business
acquisition and proposal development.
- Develops business strategies to employ in the proposals that
ensure long term business success.
- Operates with expertise and full understanding of product
offerings / capabilities across the portfolio.
- Remains current on all program activities to ensure that
proposals are accurate, achievable, and are consistent with the
financial goals of the Division / Sector.
- Coordinates with Program leadership aligned to ECP and proposal
activity to ensure buy-in and executability.
- Monitors program activities to ensure compliance with product
specifications, performance requirements, schedules and cost
- Identifies--and manages existing or potential program risks and
opportunities, establishes and executes--risk mitigation and
opportunity realization strategy activities.
- Participates--in and contributes to internal cost, schedule,
and technical reporting--requirements.
- Interacts--directly with and fosters an excellent working
relationship with--Customers across the portfolio.
- Communicates &--presents--Program status to the leadership
- Collaborates with functional leadership and leads a
multi-functional team. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's--degree in engineering or other technical field and
at least--12 years--of related experience OR Graduate Degree
and--10 years of related experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in Program Management or
equivalent program execution role.
- At least 2 years of experience with Engineering Change
Proposals (ECPs) and/or new proposals.
- At least 2 years of experience directly leading a team.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MBA or--Masters in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical
- Dynamic ability to both understand details and hold a larger
strategic view across the product portfolio to ensure optimum
- Experience--with Risk and Change Management.
- Experience--leading cross-functional teams and interfacing with
- Experience--supporting and leading proposals.
- Ability to--develop broad, cooperative relationships with
numerous groups and individuals across functions and teams.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite .
- Excellent--interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and
- Strong--leadership skills.
- Self-motivated--and accountable.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain
a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this
position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may
share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal
information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and
affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other
available positions. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law. Enter Your
Email Address So We Can Track Your Referral Sign up for job alerts
and be the first to know about our job openings.
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Palm Bay , Sr Mgr, Program Management - Proposals, Executive , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!