Proposal Manager 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining
Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in
aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our
world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take
advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push
past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse,
collaborative environment with professionals across the nation
ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman's Aeronautics Systems sector is hiring a Proposal
Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This
position will be located in either Melbourne, FL; Redondo Beach,
CA; or San Diego, CA.
Our Proposal Managers lead teams across the sector to ensure
successful, compliant, and on time proposal submissions. The
proposals we support include top sector priority wins. We are
seeking an experienced proposal manager with the skills, vision,
and people skills to execute highly effective proposal efforts with
a multifaceted team of proposal participants. Proposal Managers are
delegated decision authority over proposal deliverables by the
Capture Manager, and work in collaboration with leads for Technical
and Programmatic offerings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, planning, scheduling, and leading proposal
- Defining RFP assignments and proposal deliverables to ensure
comprehensive flow-down of customer proposal requirements to
- Leading internal proposal quality reviews to ensure team is
on-track to deliver a winning proposal.
- Ensuring proposal compliance to RFP and configuration control
of proposal baseline documents/information.
- Conducting ongoing risk management addressing volatility in
proposal requirements, deadlines, and our offering.
- Managing development of proposal deliverables, proposal
reviews, final proposal production, and on-time delivery to the
- Providing decision authority for "the book" that is delivered
to the customer.
- Proposal planning during the pre-proposal phase, and
cost-effective execution of the plan through proposal submission.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical
standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to
achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the
needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with
respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development.
You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts,
retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop
trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate
effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel
engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive
for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree AND 9 years of professional
experience that includes a background in proposals, OR a Master's
degree AND 7 years of professional experience that includes a
background in proposals, OR 13 years of professional experience
that includes a background in proposals in-lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to attain and maintain an active DoD Secret
clearance within a reasonable amount of time as determined by
- Must be able to attain and maintain Special Program Access
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Government's
competitive acquisition process
- Experience conducting RFP review/analysis and developing a
- Experience leading and directing the activities of team members
through execution of a formal proposal process
- Experience interfacing with and briefing senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability in one or more of the following roles: (1)
Proposal Manager on a $50M-class competitive proposal or
$500M-class non-competitive proposal, (2) Deputy Proposal Manager
on a $500M-class competitive proposal, or (3) Volume Captain on
$500M-class competitive proposal.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Current Special Program Access (PAR) Northrop Grumman is
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Palm Bay , Proposal Manager 3, Executive , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!