ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER HOSPITAL OB GYN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: May 2, 2022
Job Profile Summary:Provides clinical supervision and
coordinates unit clinical operations with other departmental
disciplines under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Provides
effective and efficient patient care to all ages on assigned shifts
or as otherwise designated. Assumes responsibilities of nurse
manager in his/her absence.Responsibilities:
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among unit staff
and other departments and units regarding issues related to patient
- Ensures continuity of patient care information between shifts,
coordinates patient admitting, discharges, transfers and other
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluations of nurses and other
direct and indirect patient care providers on assigned
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial
corrective actions, and collaborates in monitoring attendance
- Alerts nurse manager of significant clinical or other
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the
performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and
- Supervises and participates in the daily delivery of patient
care on assigned unit/area.
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage
on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects,
outcomes studies and research initiatives; participates in
department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and
in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Strong demonstrated clinic knowledge and skill; good oral,
written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) must be presented upon hire
- Proof of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon
hireComplexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
WorkPersonal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Bay , ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER HOSPITAL OB GYN, Executive , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!