Security Operations Control Center Manager - Palm Bay
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: October 2, 2019
Position:--Security Operations Control Center ManagerJob ID:
AS20191009-33237Location: Melbourne, FLL3Harris is searching for a
talented, experienced security professional to join the L3Harris
Security Team as a Security Operations Control Center (SOCC)
Manager for a US Government program responsible for monitoring,
detecting, analyzing, mitigating, and responding to cyber threats
against Administration assets, networks, and information.-- The
environment includes local area networks/wide area networks
(LAN/WAN), Internet connections, security devices, servers and
workstations.The SOCC Manager is responsible for the technical and
process direction of the SOCC, provides direction to the analysts
as well as acts as a liaison to other teams within the program and
with the customer.-- The SOCC is responsible to provide 24x7x365
continuous monitoring and investigation of correlated security
event feeds and the appropriate triage and escalation in case of an
identified security incident. The SOCC is the primary contact for
any suspected security incidents and works to resolve incidents and
remediate threats across the managed customer network
- Lead and manage a 24x7x365 SOCC providing technical
- Lead staff to proactively identify, prevent and respond to
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification,
reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA), process
adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational
objectives and mitigate threats.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current
operational activities; review policies and recommend changes to
- Responsible for team management, mentoring, personnel
scheduling, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective
action where required for the SOCC.
- Management, administration and maintenance of security devices
under the purview of the supported customer system(s).
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat
vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Responsible for integration of standard and non-standard logs
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOCC operations
and presentation to customer and program management.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders to build and maintain positive
working relationship; this includes customer SOCCs supporting the
organization.Required Education and Skills:
- BS/BA (or equivalent) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 9 years related
- 8+ years of Information Security / Cybersecurity
- 6+ years working in a security or network operations
- 6+ years in a leadership role.
- Prior SOCC Management experience.
- Prior security analysis experience.
- CISSP Certification.
- Experience with incident management, problem management and
change management best practices.
- Previous experience communicating with senior management and
Government officials.Desired skills and certifications:
- Experience serving Government customers in a security
- Prior experience supporting US Government networks.
- Experience networking and telecommunications integration,
design and architecture.
- Hold at least one other relevant industry certification (e.g.,
CISA, CISM, etc.)
- Understanding of SIEM tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, RSA,
McAfee ePO, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining a high-performance team of
- Expertise with US Government standard frameworks (i.e., NIST
- Experience maintaining metrics and SLAs.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Security Operations Control Center Manager - Palm Bay, Executive , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!