Registered Nurse (RN) MedSurg
Company: Raulerson Hospital - Okeechobee
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Medical Surgical Unit
Full Time Day--Shift 0.9 FTE
**Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates**
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural
community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal
touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County,
Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide
range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services.
Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care
Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides
comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the
American College of Radiology. Raulerson?s surgical services
include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter
hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state
of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our
spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class
sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly
people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our
dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many
nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during
their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation
because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our
staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase
The Medical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.-- The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.--
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida
or--Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of--Acute Care--Nursing experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
--Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Raulerson Hospital - Okeechobee, Palm Bay , Registered Nurse (RN) MedSurg, Healthcare , Okeechobee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!