OFFICE COORDINATOR CLERICAL DERMATOLOGY
Company: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 13, 2021
Job Profile Summary:
Supports clinic operations by direct involvement with the
physician(s) and nurse(s). Answers the phone, triaging calls,
schedules appointments, schedules diagnostic testing and/or
surgical procedures, obtains referral/authorizations, maintains
physician calendar and other administrative duties.
- Supports clinic operations by direct involvement with the
physician(s) and nurse(s).
- Facilitates the access of patients to CCF through direct
patient appointment scheduling or by serving as a liaison between
patient and/or other medical departments.
- Works through and solves patient issues professionally and in a
timely manner. Produces error-free transcribed correspondence.
- Takes and relays phone messages for the respective area in a
clear and concise manner in accordance with CCF policy. Assists
with calendar, meeting, and travel arrangements as requested and
ensures proper forms are completed.
- Ensures all patients are rescheduled relating to physician out
days in a timely manner.
- Orders supplies using cost effectively, appropriate cost center
numbers and correct processes.
- Utilizes correct pathway to retrieve lab and radiology reports
(via Net Access) and dictated reports (via Total eMed) as
- Verifies and updates patient demographics and insurance
- Identifies whether patient needs referral and/or authorization
and obtains referral and/or authorization when necessary.
- Ensures appointments are booked on proper case and add any
cases or schemes as necessary.
- Obtains proper information such PCP, referring physician,
CPT/DX codes prior to entering request into referral module.
- Inputs reasons for all visits on appointments. Ensures same day
add-on appointment is communicated to appropriate department
personnel. Ensures authorization is secured for same day add-on
appointment and same day inpatient hospital admissions.
- Works in conjunction with nurse to reconcile day sheet with
- Assists other departments within the pod as needed.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times, including product and service quotes.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Some college or technical training.
- Knowledge of medical terminology gained through experience or
formal course work.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written
- Basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of (e.g., Microsoft
Word, Microsoft Excel, email software). Typing competency with the
ability to format, spell, punctuate, edit, and proofread typed
- Ability to transcribe dictated correspondence if needed.
- Must have good organizational skill to perform multiple
- None required. Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outline in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes
attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that
enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer
needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification This description of duties is not intended to be all
inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors
to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Minimum two (2) years medical office experience and/or minimum
two years medical insurance experience. Physical Requirements:
- Able to relate to other health care workers and develop
productive work relationships with peers and physicians.
- Projects a cooperative, positive helping demeanor and is able
to perform well under stressful conditions.
- Is flexible and able to adjust to changes in assignments. Able
to work under minimal supervision, prioritize workload and meet
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, work in front of a
computer monitor and use keyboard for sustained periods of
- Able to walk about the department and hospital and lift and
carry paper, notebooks up to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Working Conditions: Fast-paced, very active position. Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, Palm Bay , OFFICE COORDINATOR CLERICAL DERMATOLOGY, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!