Per Diem RN Home Health VNA of the Treasure Coast - Vero Beach, FL
Company: VNA of the Treasure Coast
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest
quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing
private care, home health, hospice, and community health services.
Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By
choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency
that has been voted 'Best Place to Work' for 7 years in Indian
River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such
- Competitive pay
- 403(b) Retirement Savings plan
- Flexible schedules
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits and CPR recertification
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a
Per Diem RN to work with Home Health. Join our compassionate,
dedicated team in bringing comfort, caring and relief to patients
and their families.
1. Identify patient/family needs and provide supportive care in
accordance with the attending physician's orders and plan of care
and VNA Hospice policies and procedures.
2. Assumes primary responsibility forassigned patients that
includes the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating
phases of the nursing process.
3. Initiate communication with attending physicians, other Hospice
staff members and other agencies, as needed, to coordinate optimal
care and use of resources for the patient/family.
4. Maintain regular communication with the Patient Care Manager to
review assigned patients. Inform the Patient Care Manager of
unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
5. Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual
factors that may influence patient/family health status and
incorporate that data into the plan of care.
6. Maintain up-to-date records and seek input from other team
members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional
knowledge and support. Meet regularly with Hospice nursing staff to
review problems or unique issues, share professional support, and
exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
7. Share in providing 24 hour, seven-day week coverage to
patient/families. Assume role of associate nurse during on-call
time or to fill patient/family needs during the absence of other
A. May be responsible for varied shifts including after hours or
weekend on call.
B. Will work one summer and one winter holiday.
8. If you decline three consecutive assignments you will be placed
on inactive status.
9. Provide appropriate support at time of death.
10. Participate in VNA Hospice orientation and in-service training
programs for professional staff. Participate in agency and
community programs as requested, to promote professional growth and
understanding of Hospice care.
- Must be currently licensed as an RN in the state of
Must have at least six months recent Hospice experience.
Keywords: VNA of the Treasure Coast, Palm Bay , Per Diem RN Home Health VNA of the Treasure Coast - Vero Beach, FL, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!