Registered Nurse PACU (PT) - Grove Place Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2022
US-FL-Vero Beach# of Openings: 2Category: Registered NurseSystem
ID: 18634Group Name: LegacyOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA)
is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesAs a
representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the
Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families,
physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors,
volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a
manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values. Primary Responsibilities:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Assess patient status throughout the episode of care
- Interpret information accurately from various noninvasive and
- Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered
- Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia
techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
- Apply the relevant scoring system/discharge criteria for
patient transfer (eg, Aldrete Score, Modified Aldrete Score [ie,
PARSAP], Post Anesthesia Discharge Scoring System [PADSS], White)
score accurately as defined by organizational policy.
- Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care by
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - general.
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - monitored
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - regional.
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - local.
- Protecting patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and
chemical, electrical mechanical and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient
- Handling all specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Communicating the patient's current status to relevant parties
throughout the continuum of care.
- Providing acute pain and comfort management as needed.
- Administering medications safely and correctly by using the
8-rights of safe medication administration.
- Performing interventions to maintain the integrity of the
patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline
- Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or
returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate
- Providing nursing and appropriate monitoring in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Performing interventions to protect patient from
- Managing patient's other co-morbid conditions as
- Managing patient's fluid as prescribed.
- Assessing knowledge level of patient or designated support
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial
response, nutritional management, medication management, pain and
comfort management, wound management, and expected responses to the
operative or invasive procedure;
- Involving patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- Protecting patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice;
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as needed.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document episode of care completely, accurately, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Working
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- One year of PACU experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice within good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing or
Perianesthesia is preferred.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Palm Bay , Registered Nurse PACU (PT) - Grove Place Surgery Center, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!