RN Residency Program - Summer Cohort 2022
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job Profile Summary: Participates in a residency core curriculum
based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing
care, alongside a preceptor, in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferred Languages:
- N/A Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- New graduate or RN possessing less than one year work
experience or if experienced RN moving from non-inpatient to acute
direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year
current acute direct patient care RN experience. Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment: Follows standard precautions
using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Bay , RN Residency Program - Summer Cohort 2022, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!