Surgical Scrub Tech - PRN
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Advanced Center for Surgery is a busy, multispecialty
-ambulatory surgery center in Vero Beach, performing outpatient
procedures in Orthopedics and Neurology. - -We are an affiliate of
United Surgical Partners International, who provides first-class
surgical services for local communities, and we recognize our
employees as our number one asset. USPI's mission is to treat each
patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient,
each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please
reach out to discuss joining our team. -We are currently searching
for a per diem Surgical Scrub Tech to join our team. - Candidates
must be -process-oriented and driven to maintain a superior Culture
of Safety while living our mission of treating each and every
patient as they are a member of our family. - Additionally,
successful candidates will be focused on excellent customer
service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show
flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control
standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability
to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team.
Willingness to be involved in various committees and ancillary
functions throughout the facility on an as needed basis. Position
is per diem and requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or
call. -Position Description:The main role of the Surgical Scrub
Tech is to anticipate the needs of the surgical team; establish and
maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating
room. -Duties Include:
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
-Additional Duties include: assisting the Materials Manager and
serving as a back up to the Materials Manager. - This role is
responsible for the procurement for all supplies in the surgery
center with the exception of food and drugs. The responsibility of
the position includes receiving, stocking and case pulling of
supplies. Also assisting Accounts Payable with receivers. Other
duties as assigned by Materials Manager. -
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment
- Certification in OR Technology preferred.
- Current certification in CPR -Physical demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that shall be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear. The
employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. -USPI complies
with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory
vaccination of its workforce. - If you are offered this position
and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be
required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of
a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. - If you
receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be
required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law. -
-#LI-CT1Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by
an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Palm Bay , Surgical Scrub Tech - PRN, Healthcare , Sebastian, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!