Clinical Pharmacist Internal Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job Profile Summary: Provides pharmacy services and ensures the
appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and dispensing of
medication orders. Responsibilities:
- Provides safe, efficient, patient-centered, evidence-based
- Verifies medication orders and/or dispenses medications
accurately according to state and federal regulations.
- Documents services in a complete, accurate and timely
- Actively contributes to medication safety initiatives.
- Utilizes available technology proficiently and to full extent,
in their area of practice.
- Ensures all pharmacy operations are in compliance with national
- Maintains professional interactions with patients to facilitate
successful patient experiences.
- Directs staff appropriately to provide safe and efficient
- Maintains professional working relationships with all
- Promotes a positive work environment by providing constructive
ideas and feedback to improve services and the department.
- Educates and trains students, residents, other caregivers,
- Provides cost-effective care.
- Accountable for drug use policy adherence.
- Utilizes time and resources effectively.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- PharmD or Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an
accredited college of pharmacy. Languages:
- N/A Certifications:
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist ( RPh ) or
eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire.
Board Certification preferred. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- Completion of a post-graduate year 1 residency (PGY1),
fellowship or 2 years of relevant post-graduate pharmacy experience
- Post-graduate year 2 residency (PGY2) or relevant experience
preferred for Clinical Pharmacists hired in a Specialized Pharmacy
practice area ( i.e. Critical Care, Oncology ) .
- Current incumbents as of 6/1/2019 will be grandfathered for
work experience requirement. Physical Requirements:
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job
while standing and walking for prolonged times, approximately 75%
of shift and continuously for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer and dispensing
functions of the job; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Position often includes reaching, stretching, stooping,
climbing steps and sitting.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
- Must have ability to clearly communicate verbally by phone or
in person. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, Palm Bay , Clinical Pharmacist Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!