Cashier-Food Service Worker @ Sebastian River Medical Center
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Location: US-FL-SEBASTIANSystem ID: 887663Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Part-TimeUnit Name: SEBASTIAN RIVER
MEDICAL CENTERUnit Contact: (772) 589-3186 Ext: 5388Target Hourly
Rate: $13.50UNIT DESCRIPTIONOFFERING ALL FULL TIME AND PART TIME
HIRES SIGN ON BONUSES!! $1,000 for Full Time, and $500 for Part
Time"COVID-19 vaccination required to work at this location"Sodexo
@ Sebastian River Medical Center is seeking for a Part time Cashier
- Food Service Worker to work flexible schedule from 7:00 am to
6:30 pm, including weekends and holidays.Sebastian River Medical
Center has come a long way since Dr. Kelso first dreamed of opening
a hospital. Thanks to the dedication of all those involved, the
hospital continues to grow, adding services, technology and
life-saving procedures. However, SRMC is proud to say that the main
focus for staff, physicians and volunteers still remains clear: to
provide quality health care with the highest level of caring and
compassion on the Treasure Coast.This is your opportunity to
provide a great service to your community during a national
- Your safety is our top priority - all appropriate PPE will be
- This position is considered emergency personnel and essential
to the health and wellness of the community.
- Top pay now and the opportunity for continuing work in the
future.Apply now for immediate consideration.Final candidates will
submit to aditional pre-employement
requirements#CB#PM#HS#INPosition SummaryThe Cashier/Food Service
Worker works primarily in the foodservice operation, handling cash
and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. In addition, they
will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and
steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment
and work stations. As a cashier, they must accurately operate the
cash register/POS and complete the transactions. Will also provide
support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining
supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements. General
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of
cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or
services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items
and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy
of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and
supports non-cash transactions.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and
clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the
floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items,
service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as
complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityPart Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).PI207025130
Keywords: Sodexo, Palm Bay , Cashier-Food Service Worker @ Sebastian River Medical Center, Healthcare , Sebastian, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...