Registered Nurse - Admit Unit - Nights - Med Surg
Company: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Registered Nurse - Admit Unit - NightsCCIR CBA Bidding Date
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, and experience world-class healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic Indian River has been recognized as one of the top regional hospitals in South Florida by U.S. News and World Report. Indian River Hospital is located in sunny Florida's Treasure Coast where it is committed to providing optimal family-centric and community-focused care. At Indian River Hospital, you will be part of a collaborative, compassionate, and innovative team of caregivers. You will work with state-of-the-art technology and will build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) on the Admit Unit, you will:
* Provide direct nursing care.
* Monitor and document patient's condition effectively.
* Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
* Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans.
* Maintain professional growth and development.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Works well in a supportive, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
* Is compassionate, adaptable, and works well in a close-knit team.
* Is motivated to learn, has critical thinking skills, and has decisive judgement.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are flexible and would like to advance their career growth opportunities within Cleveland Clinic.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths are what matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland Clinic. Join us, and you'll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
* Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
* Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
* Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
* Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
* If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Will consider licensed military RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Registered Nurse - Admit Unit - NightsCCIR CBA Bidding Date
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, Palm Bay , Registered Nurse - Admit Unit - Nights - Med Surg, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
here to apply!