RN Registered Nurse - Care at Home - Nights
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside
passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare.
Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation,
according to the U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic,
you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers,
receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding
career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in
The Care at Home Registered Nurse remotely monitors and navigates
patients and families across the continuum of the Medically Home
phases of care. The Care at Home Registered Nurse performs
assessments, monitoring, planning and interventions for acute care
patient populations in the home while using in-home technology and
protocols in collaboration with other members of the health care
team. Three years of recent acute care experience preferred.
Please note this is not a work from home position. You will be
required to be onsite, but will not have in person interactions
with patients. The schedule is three-12 hour shifts per week with
Your primary duties will include:
- Providing virtual nursing care to patients from our command
center in Vero Beach, FL
- Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions
- Preparing patient care plans.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has strong verbal and visual assessment abilities as this
position will be providing virtual care to med surg level
- 3 years of RN hospital experience strongly preferred
- Is a team player.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can adapt to change.
- Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
- Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join
a supportive team and willing to learn new skills. Cleveland Clinic
will assist you by offering tuition reimbursement and
cross-training for professional development.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer
center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an
accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Bay , RN Registered Nurse - Care at Home - Nights, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...