RN Registered Nurse - Cath Lab Recovery
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: March 19, 2023
CCIR CBA Bidding Date 2/22/2023- 3/1/2023
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, and
experience world-class healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic
Indian River has been recognized as one of the top regional
hospitals in South Florida by U.S. News and World Report. Indian
River Hospital is located in sunny Florida's Treasure Coast where
it is committed to providing optimal family-centric and
community-focused care. At Indian River Hospital, you will be part
of a collaborative, compassionate, and innovative team of
caregivers. You will work with state-of-the-art technology and will
build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare
organizations in the world.
A Registered Nurse in this role is familiar with complex medical
histories, innovative surgical procedures, pain modalities, and
comprehensive nutritional support. Your primary duties will
- Providing direct nursing care.
- Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions
- Preparing patient care plans.
- Administering prescribed medications.
=Performing bedside hand-off reports and thorough bedside daily
The future caregiver is someone who:
- Communicates effectively with patients and team members.
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best
- Can provide emotional, spiritual, and psychological support to
- Is a collaborator.
- Is flexible to change.
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition
reimbursement as part of our many offerings to invest in your
health, well-being, and future.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Bay , RN Registered Nurse - Cath Lab Recovery, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...