Company: Harbor Primary Care, PA
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Provides clinical and office assistance in the primary care medical office.
Prior experience as medical assistant in the outpatient office setting. Must be familial with EMR.
* Front desk and welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Prepares patients for the visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment and record them on the EMR.
* Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
* Records billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
Keywords: Harbor Primary Care, PA, Palm Bay , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Vero Beach, Florida
here to apply!