Multi Cross Trained CT Technologist - Palm Bay Hospital, Full Time
Company: Health First
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 28, 2019
Description: Tuesday 1430-2230 Wednesday 1430-2230 Thursday
1430-2230 Friday 1500-2100 Saturday 0900-2030 -- POSITION SUMMARY\:
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer
Experience, and Stewardship by\: Being committed to the Health
First I CARE Values\: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability,
Respect and Excellence; Being engaged and contributing to a
positive and productive work environment; Producing quality images;
Following all HF, hospital and departmental protocols in a
professional, memorable and timely manner; Mentoring the technical
development of co-workers and students within a team concept;
Flexibility to move from CT to another modality at a moment---s
notice to meet department needs; Rotate through each modality on a
regularly scheduled basis to maintain required experience and skill
level for each modality (minimum of 25% of work time per modality);
Must cross-train to another modality to meet the needs of the
department. PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES\:
- Maintain a safe environment for patients/customers, team
members and yourself.
- Ensure the correct procedure is performed on the correct
patient by verifying two forms of patient identification on "Every
Patient / Every Time".
- Perform time out process prior to starting any invasive
- Adhere to the ALARA principles of radiation safety.
- Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies
and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and
responsibilities in relation to specified emergent codes.
- Responsible for hurricane preparedness and your duties as a
Health First associate.
- Follow Infection Control policies and procedures; practice
aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Effectively document and communicate pertinent and required
- Report malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department,
fellow associate and management in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete all required documentation/forms
written/electronic (ex\: patient history, pregnancy, IV contrast,
procedural consent, MAR, safety portal, medication reconciliation,
- Review exam orders from medical charts and/or prescriptions
prior to performing an exam.
- Obtain pertinent patient history from the requisition, the
patient, the medical chart or other sources.
- Perform procedure protocols, produce images consistent with
image quality standards and follow all Federal, State and Regional
healthcare regulations and adhere to Joint Commission/ACR
- Properly position patients and uses appropriate technique.
- Assure that exam rooms are clean, neat, stocked and
disinfected; and that equipment is clean, disinfected and ready for
the next patient encounter.
- Follow proper image retrieval and file processes.
- Participate in quality initiatives and offer suggestions for
departmental improvements including departmental protocols,
policies, and procedures.
- Accept additional responsibilities to assist with reaching
- Attend staff meetings/in-services as required. Reads and signs
off on all staff meeting minutes as required.
- Properly identifies, prepares and/or administers medications
that are within the technologist's scope of practice as prescribed
by a licensed independent practitioner.
Qualification: QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED\:
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee approved Radiologic
Technology program, or equivalent approved school of Radiologic
- Possess a current Florida State License as a General
- Possess a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Prior CT experience preferred.
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification and any other applicable
advanced certifications recommended within two (2) years of
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card
prior to start date and maintain.
- Computer-related skills deemed pertinent for optimal technical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to report to department within 30 minutes when on call.
- Able to walk, bend, stoop, reach, and lift throughout their
- Able to move, lift, or position patients as required.
- Able to push wheelchairs, stretchers, and beds.
- Dependable and flexible in relation to covering required
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted, several times per
- Able to wear lead aprons for extended periods of time.
Keywords: Health First, Palm Bay , Multi Cross Trained CT Technologist - Palm Bay Hospital, Full Time, Healthcare , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!