Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 13, 2020
Datrose is seeking an Electrical Engineer with an active Secret
Clearance and 6 yrs experience for a Direct Hire (W2 Only)
opportunity in Palm Bay, FL! This is an excellent opportunity for
the right individual. If interested in exploring this great
opportunity, please apply directly at www.datrose.com/careers.
Description: This position will be responsible for providing
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Communications Analysis to
customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our
Communication Systems (CS) segment. Company Communication Systems
segment provides integrated solutions for U.S. and international
defense and public safety networks, including tactical
communications, broadband communications, night vision technology,
and public safety. We specialize in advanced Satellite
Communications waveforms, SATCOM terminals and modems, and various
other specialized communications systems. The DSP Analyst will
perform the following:
- Develop advanced DSP and Communications algorithms using
analytical simulation to explore alternatives and refine signal
processing architectures for implementation.
- Architect Communication systems including terminals and modems
implementing algorithms such as advanced modulation schemes, AGC
design and control, forward error correction, time and frequency
tracking, signal excision.
- Work with the System Engineer to derive and flow down the
system requirements to the DSP FW/SW design levels.
- Work closely with the engineering teams through design,
implementation, integration, and test of the signal processing and
communication subsystems; support the complete testing and
qualification of the deliverable system.
- Work independently and lead a team of designers in implementing
the signal processing firmware and / or SW design solutions.
Qualifications: Bachelor s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior
relevant experience, or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years
of prior related experience. Preferred Additional Skills:
- PhD with graduate level communications and DSP coursework
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Digital Signal Processing
operations and optimization (FFT, FIR filters, Up/Down sampling,
modulation, convolution, and correlations).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with modem signal processing
in areas such as coding, pulse shaping, symbol mapping, tracking
loop design, equalization, multirate, and digital translation.
- Solid understanding of Digital Signal Processing concepts
- Solid understanding of Communication theory with experience
generating Signal Processing models and Communication models using
- Experience with Broadband networking Ethernet Layer 2 and 3
- Experience with RF design impairments, including simple
cascaded analysis and link budget analysis
- Experience with advanced waveforms including OFDM and spread
- Experience with high-speed/high-throughput, heavily pipelined
and parallelized data path designs
- Experience with C/C++ algorithm development
- Experience with FPGA design and implementation
- Experience with lab integration; familiarity with the following
types of lab test equipment: Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers,
Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Signal Analyzers, Noise Generators,
Digital Oscilloscopes Security Clearance:This position requires the
candidate to possess or have ability to obtain a DoD Secret
security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you must to be
a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
are encouraged to apply.. Datrose is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status,
or status as a qualified individual with disability. - provided by
Keywords: DatRose, Palm Bay , Electrical Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!