Company: Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC- 050
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: January 8, 2021
We are currently seeking a Bucket Operator to join our
- Trims and/or removes trees by climbing with the aid of a
ladder, safety belt, climbing line, powered trimmer lift truck, or
works from the ground using gasoline, air, and hand-powered saws,
pruner, etc. He/she cuts branches or trunk sections and drops or
lowers them to the ground with lines.
- Uses wedges, sledges, and chain saws in felling trees or
trimmed trunks and in cutting and splitting logs into manageable
- Sprays stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris
and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper.
- Repairs slight damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by
- Services gasoline, air, and hand-powered tools and other
- Relays hand-signals, directs traffic, drives, and operates
trucks and equipment, as assigned and keeps trucks and work area
clear and orderly, as well as helps train new employees.
- Performs other related work, as assigned by superiors.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around work
area. Cooperates with customer, police, and fire departments when
blocking street or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning signs,
flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public. Trained to
perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assumes responsibility for the inspection and proper working
conditions of tools, truck, and other work equipment. Requests
repair or replacement, when necessary. Maintains good housekeeping
on truck and at work locations.
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works in close proximity to energized power lines
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to
nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, and
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood
chipper and other equipment, with hearing protection.
- Work will be performed at varying heights above ground.
- Works on unlevel terrain.
- Works will be performed at varying heights while secured.
- Works around falling limbs.
- Exposure to traffic hazards.Minimum Requirements
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and
requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees
must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods of time
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as per task assigned.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather
while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at
various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing
mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather
conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Must have own transportation to and from the show up
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights up to 50
pounds on an infrequent basis, but up to 10 pounds on a frequent
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties
throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work
long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends,
etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have sufficient eye sight to judge distances and
coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and
- Must have good hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have transportation to and from the startup location.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.Physical
Requirements:Activity: R O F C Activity: R O F CStanding X Seeing
XWalking X Reading XSitting X Reaching XStooping X Range of Motion
XKneeling X Hearing - Speech Range XSquatting X Depth Perception
XBody Twisting X Color Vision XCrawling X Lifting XSense of Touch X
Carrying XManual Dexterity X Pushing XSpeaking Clearly X Pulling
XSeeing Distant X Climbing Ladders XClimbing On/Off Truck X
Climbing Stairs XClimbing X Balancing XGriping X Lifting up to 10
lbs XLifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs X Lifting up to 50 lbs
XKey:Rarely = less than 10%Occasionally = up to 33%Frequently = up
to 66%Continuously = 67% to 100%Individuals must be able to perform
the essential functions of the position with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire
a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at
1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.An Equal Opportunity Employer, including
disabled and vets.
Keywords: Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC- 050, Palm Bay , Bucket Operator, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!