Requisition No: 361783
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CLERK TYPIST SPECIALIST - 70003469 - AVON
PARK CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION, AVON PARK, FL
Position Number: 70003469
Salary: $19,966.44 annually
Posting Closing Date: 05/07/2021
- OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT*
Clerk Typist Specialist - 70003469
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at
Avon Park Correctional Insitution in Classification and
Salary Rate: $19,966.44 annually
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The employee in this position spends a minimum of 75% of his/her
time performing duties which involve contact with inmates in a
- Prepares correspondence, memorandums, and assists/performs
clerical duties for the Classification Department.
- Completes clerical duties within the Inmate Records area as
assigned by the Correctional Sentence Specialist. This may include
completing Support Staff audits on newly received inmates,
maintenance and accountability of inmate files, and preparing forms
and documents for the Inmate Records area.
- Inputs data into the CDC data base system and retrieves and
prints requested information.
- Receives, date stamps and sorts mail for the Classification
Department. Ensures all mail is promptly distributed to the
- Copies, scans, and faxes documents using the appropriate
- Provides clerical assistance and support with Special Projects
assigned to the Classification Department.
- Answers telephone calls professionally and provides customer
service to include assisting inmate families. Promptly forwards or
takes information for telephone inquiries to be completed by other
- Provides any requested clerical duties as assigned by the
- Support file audits on newly arriving inmates.
- Sorting filing materials and placing documents into the inmate
- Typing forms and obtaining and preparing inmate files for
- Typing correspondence, letters, memorandums and forms for the
- Preparing information for posting to the Inmate
- Organizing and maintaining files on Classification
- Entering data into the CDC data base and obtaining
- Answering phones and providing assistance to callers.
- Assisting and preparing clerical documents for Special
- Sorts and stamps daily Classification mail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and
- Knowledge of computer software including applications.
- Skill in typing.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to alphabetize and file.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others
- Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to type letters, memoranda and other standard business
forms in correct format.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by
the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All
employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive
preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are
encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must
attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes
character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4)
along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7,
Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation
requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is
due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Central Florida
Nearest Secondary Market: Sebring