SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
PRN (0.001 FTE), Days (Position has "Call")
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural
community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal
touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County,
Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide
range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services.
Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care
Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides
comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the
American College of Radiology. Raulerson's surgical services
include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter
hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with
state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community.
Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords
world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and
friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to
join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family.
Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital
during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their
graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere
amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about
us and our community.
4 Surgical Suites
Most Common OR Procedure: General, Ortho and GYN
Hours, Day Work: 8 Hour Shifts (M - F) - "Call" is required (30
Minute Response Time)
Experience Desired: OR Experience - scrub & circulate
Characteristics of Candidates best suited for this unit: Team
player, multi-task, Flexible
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS Certification (American Heart Association or
American Red Cross)
- ACLS Certification preferred (American Heart Association or
American Red Cross)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN Operating Room RN experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.