Sr Assoc, Industrial Security
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) 2
Job Code: SAS20210206-62134
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: Commensurate with the position of Contractor
Program Security Officer (CPSO), incumbent is responsible for
managing and directing all security related issues at the L3Harris
Space and Airborne Systems (S&AS) Business Units. As the
on-site security professional, the CPSO's responsibilities include
management and execution of all facility security functions
including SCIF operations, personnel security, program support,
physical security, information security, document control, badging
and access control. The CPSO implements all requisite national
security directives with specific emphasis on NISPOM, Intelligence
Community Directives (ICDs), Special Access Program (SAP)
directives and other governing directives, as applicable. Exhibits
the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a security
professional while working and making decisions with moderate
supervision. The CPSO works as a team player, exhibits flexibility,
sets priorities, and manages customer expectations in a sometimes
fast-paced environment. The CPSO interacts with internal and
external customers or Government security officials in performance
of security duties. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and
enacting all L3Harris corporate policies including the protection
of L3Harris' intellectual property.
- Incumbent is responsible to the S&AS Security Management
relative to execution of responsibilities associated with the
position of CPSO. Specifically, tactical operational control
regarding management/operation of secure areas and Program Security
- Administer, address and complete personnel security
requirements with employees regarding issues, report preparation,
program security access briefings, and clearance/access maintenance
for briefed employees.
- Create, administer, and track requisite annual training,
initial new hire security briefing, initial security clearance
briefing, and security debriefing for all cleared employees.
- Ensure all required security support for Sensitive
Compartmented Information (SCI) level programs, Special Access
Programs (SAP) and manage operations of associated Sensitive
Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF's) and Special Access
Program Facilities (SAPF) in accordance with governing directives
and program specific guidance.
- Responsible for ensuring the formulation, establishment and
execution of security policy, procedures and protocols pertinent to
the facility consistent with National Industrial Security Program
and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) requirements.
- Determine customer security requirements and ensure requisite
security access requests with applicable government agencies.
- Responsible for effective communications regarding security by
interfacing with or liaising with external customers (Government,
Associate Contractors, Subcontractors, former employees) and
internal L3Harris organizations.
- Conduct security education and training; provide initial
security indoctrination briefings, debriefings, annual refresher
training and corporate requisite training.
- Ensure continuous physical security integrity for facility in
general and accredited secure work areas.
- Guard/alarm interface; liaison with alarm monitoring facility
to ensure security of controlled/secure areas in accordance with
government requirements - requires emergency response requirements
during non-working hours.
- Provide support on special projects that cut across the
business and the company, to include assisting with S&AS-wide
security process standardization.
- Foster teamwork and collaborative efforts among Security group
members to ensure timely completion of group project tasks and
- Associates Degree and minimum of 6 years prior related
experience. Bachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 0-2 years of prior
- An active security clearance is required; TS/SCI.
- 1+ years working knowledge of the Intelligence Community
Directives (ICD's), National Industrial Security Program Operating
Manual (NISPOM), SAP Directives, and Supplement Information system
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience as a Cleared Defense Contractor (CDC) working in
corporate and/or government environments with industrial security
duties in support of Intelligence Community (IC) or Department of
Defense (DoD) programs.
- Efficient, proactive, responsive team player with excellent
written and oral communication skills; able to interface
effectively with all levels of corporate management and government
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined and detail-oriented
individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience using security management software and
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Sr Assoc, Industrial Security, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!