Sr Spec, Program Scheduler
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Program Scheduler
Job Code: SAS20212805-61986
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position is responsible for detailed analysis of the master
program schedule, including status, performance, network logic, and
- Creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis,
identifies and resolves critical path and network logic
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and
in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects
or processes with general oversight.
- Typically, responsible for providing guidance, coaching and
training to other employees.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain
cooperation on operational processes, practices, and
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating
plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management
and other project management techniques to gauge progress and
identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention
on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and
integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project, Excel and
- Ensures projects and program schedules and plans are integrated
across company functional groups including finance, engineering,
material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project
control system guidelines.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes,
systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or
standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the
achievement of overall functional results.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business
area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external
to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies,
procedures and practices.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and
planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable
contribution to function or business area results.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of
problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues
across the function and/or business area.
- Develop new concepts or standards.
- Attend and lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings
with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters
of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team's views
or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and
- Participate in schedule training, engineering and program
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with some
impact on department results.
- BS/BA Degree in Finance or Business with 4 years' relevant
experience or an MA/MS with 2 years of relevant experience.
Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related
- Three years of MS Project Experience.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining an Integrated Master
Schedule (IMS) and any Supporting Schedules on assigned
projects/programs; creating and presenting project-level reports,
presentations and deliverables that reflect risk and status to
program management and senior management relating to the IMS is
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Monte Carlos Risk Analysis (Schedule Risk Analysis)
- Structured Solutions - SSI tools management
- Program management and or Coordination, SDLC (Systems
Development Life Cycle) process
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and
quality of product deliverables.
- EVMS - Earned Value Management Systems.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Sr Spec, Program Scheduler, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!