LEAD PATIENT TRANSPORTER
Company: IRMC COMPANY 001
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: June 10, 2021
IRMC COMPANY 001 7242 ANCILLARY-PATIENT TRANSPORTVero Beach,
FLNursing SupportFull Time (80), Days, 80Posted 05/07/2021Req #
Job Profile Summary:
Acts as a technical resource for team members. Collaborates with
management to achieve the organizational goals. Facilitates
departmental goals for team members and Supervisors. Performs a
variety of activities related to the transportation of patients and
- Monitors employees in daily operations.
- Provides orientation, education and training for new
- Develops effective team environment. Encourages and supports
morale building activities and positive attitudes.
- Communicates with employees and provides orientation on
policies. Analyzes workflow and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to improve productivity, quality and
effectiveness of processes.
- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support
areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested to include
transport of patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips
and special equipment. With assistance, transfers patients to or
from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers as needed.
- Transports patients to hospital lobby and open doors during the
patient discharge process.
- Approaches, greets and offers assistance and direction to
patients and visitors in the hospital environment.
- Communicates to nursing personnel, clinician, technician or
receptionist of patient's arrival and departure.
- Verifies correct patient identification by comparing
information from pager to patient wristband; obtains correct
medical chart; verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms
- Disinfects and maintains par levels of equipment throughout the
- Identifies malfunctioning ambulatory equipment and reports to
appropriate department for repair or replacement.
- Rounds throughout the hospital environment for departmental
equipment and delivers to the appropriate staging area.
- Collects pertinent information and reports patient complaints
to the appropriate clinician/Supervisor/Manager.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
Complexity of Work:
- Requires organizational, decisive judgment, problem solving,
communications, good customer
service skills and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- A minimum of one to two years of experience as a Patient
Transporter in a medical setting or experience in a hospital
setting with patient through-put systems.
- An Associate's degree may offset the experience requirement.
After selection and placement, requires three months on-the-job
training and orientation to learn multiple hospital and clinic
locations, special procedures and patient emergency and safety
procedures, proper body mechanics necessary to safely move
- Successfully complete training in the applicable Patient
Transport software application within 30 days. This includes
Patient Transport and Reporting module.
- Requires handling of patients, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal
- Requires working with some exposure to communicable
- Successful completion of body mechanics training within 30 days
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: IRMC COMPANY 001, Palm Bay , LEAD PATIENT TRANSPORTER, Other , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!