Requisition No: 393021
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CLASSIFICATION OFFICER-70031443 OKEECHOBEE
Position Number: 70031443
Salary: $ 30,988.62
Posting Closing Date: 06/11/2021
- OPEN STATE EMPLOYEE ADVERTISEMENT*
Classification Officer - 70031443
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at
Okeechobee Correctional Institution in the Classification
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for managing a caseload of inmates,
including inmates in special status. Other duties may include the
- Evaluates information from reports, interviews, and
correspondence for recommendations for inmate custody
classification and work/program assignment and reviews inmates for
special status recommendation.
- Interviews inmates and prepares classification and progress
reports both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Supervises and evaluates inmate progress and identifies
- Prepares inmate management plan for approval.
- Performs file audits to ensure the accuracy of an inmate's
- Ensures that all eligible inmates are awarded the appropriate
amount of gain time by reviewing all relevant information and
- Maintains inmate information on the department offender
- Counsels and refers inmates to treatment and program
- Plans and coordinates treatment and betterment programs.
- Observes and interacts with inmates at their work assignment,
housing assignment and educational/vocational assignment.
- Visits the confinement/management units as necessary.
- Responds to inmate requests, correspondence and telephone
- Attend mandatory and other training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY (KSA's):
- Knowledge of the techniques for advising, interviewing and/or
- Ability to interview and counsel.
- Ability to review and analyze data.
- Ability to describe facts and events accurately.
- Ability to apply laws, applicable rules, and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use office computer applications.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred; or
- Four years' experience in caseload management; or
- Four years' experience analyzing data and/or interpreting
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be
demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work
experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during
If you are interested in this position and meet the above
indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge
and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and
resume through the People First system. If you experience problems
applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by
the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All
employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive
preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are
encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must
attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes
character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4)
along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7,
Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation
requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is
due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Okeechobee