Principal, Program Management
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Job Title: Principle, Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20210905-61017
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through
- Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and
financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating
income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of
company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans,
performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating
budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities,
leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost,
schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts
for product research, development, integration and test.
- Expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans
and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions,
such as allocating resources or changing contractual
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from
technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Works under consultative direction against annual goals and
objectives. Responsible for establishing educational and training
goals for area of expertise and ensuring those goals are achieved.
Provides guidance, coaching and training to other employees across
the Company within area of expertise. Responsible for managing
large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the
organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which
includes larger customers or vendors. Works to influence others to
accept team's view/practices and agree/accept new concepts,
practices and approaches. Communicates and influences leadership
regarding matters of substantial importance to the function or
business area. Frequently conducts briefings to senior leaders and
customers. Recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in
area of expertise with broad experience across multiple job
- Responsible for improving upon existing processes or
establishing new systems using significant conceptualizing,
reasoning and interpretation. Develops or champions new concepts or
technologies. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are
often complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables
that impact multiple functions and/or businesses. Extensively
analyzes problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the
- Recommends tactics and strategies that will directly impact the
achievement of overall business or functional results. Establishes
tactics for group with short- to mid-term impact on results (e.g.,
1-2 years). Recommends new products, processes, policies, standards
or operating plans in support of job function strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Solid technical background with strong business acumen
- Experience implementing strategies to influence external
stakeholders for business advantage
- Knowledge of Government contracting practices, Earned Value
Management (EVMS), and standard program reporting metrics
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Experience planning, organizing, and directing work that
provides best value solutions to the customer and L3Harris.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with
numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct
authority over them
- Pursuit and proposal development experience
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Principal, Program Management, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!