Direct Support Professional Palm Bay
Company: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: November 17, 2021
As a Direct Support Professional,you will work with other
dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping
individuals in need. We offer:
- Entry-level position with opportunities to learn and grow in
the Behavioral Healthcare field
- Formal leadership/development training program
- Comprehensive training in crisis prevention/intervention,
trauma informed care, CPR, first aid, and cultural competencies
- Flexible schedules that can work with school, family
commitments, or other employmentDevereux Advanced Behavioral Health
provides programs and services for children and adolescents with
autism. Located in Palm Bay, FL, this position is responsible for:
- Supporting a therapeutic environment, while ensuring the safety
and well-being of the individuals we serve.
- Assisting individuals in daily living activities, including
health & hygiene management, cooking, cleaning, and recreation
- Following and implementing behavioral support plansEducation:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services,
Social Work and experience in the field is preferredExperience:
- Certified Nursing Assistant with experience working with IDD,
Mental Health and/or dually diagnosed populations is a plus but not
- Must be able to complete a 2-week (Monday - Friday) new hire
orientation class; hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each
day. Orientations are offered in Orlando, FL and Titusville,
- Must be able to work 1 weekend shift per week.
- 2nd shift: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, 3rd shift: 10:00am - 9:00am
- Must be able to work holidays.Other Requirements:
- Successfully pass Physical Abilities Test and Physical
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Significant amounts of walking, sitting,
and standing. Some lifting and/or managing resistance required
related to applying physical intervention techniques upwards of
75-100 lbs. or more. Some repetitive wrist/hand movements, normal
hearing and vision.
- TB Test & Flu Vaccine
- Valid driver's license
- Occasional driving of Devereux vehicles for business purposes.
Must be able to drive a car and a passenger van (which holds up to
15 passengers).Job Types: Full-time, Part-timePay: From $14.00 per
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityCOVID-19 considerations:What is Devereux
doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff
during the COVID-19 pandemic?Devereux is committed to the health
and safety of our staff. -All Devereux centers have formal
infectious-disease and emergency-management planApplication
- Are you 21 years of age or older?
- Do you have a valid Drivers License?
- Do you have availability to complete a paid 2 week orientation
Monday - Friday from 9-5pm?
- Do you have availability to work from 2pm-11pm or 10pm -
- High school or equivalent (Required)Work Location:
Keywords: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, Palm Bay , Direct Support Professional Palm Bay, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!