LEAD COUNSELOR SUPERVISOR
Company: Geo Reentry Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility: -OKEECHOBEE CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONCompensation Base:
-Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryThis position supervises the activities and staff
associated with providing substance abuse counseling within a
facility. In addition, this position ensures that all services meet
all contractual obligations. Conducts or assists in conducting
individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of staff and the
clinical oversight and clinical care of all substance abuse
services provided on site.
- Presents individual counseling/group lectures and didactic
presentations weekly based on the areas of Relapse Prevention,
Anger Management, Parenting skills, Life Skills, Criminal &
Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
- Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification groups
using principles of the "What Works" system. Documents
participants' attendance, participation and progress in Company
- Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to
provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and
- Recruits subordinate staff to include interviewing, hiring,
assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure
consistent application of employee guidelines, processes, and
procedures. Conducts performance review and holds employees
accountable for performance of their positions.
- Maintains records of absences and vacation schedules for
represented staff. Monitors and modifies electronic payroll
attendance records for union employees. Observes and oversees
adherence to all policies and procedures. Monitors violations and
administers disciplinary action.
- Provides support for substance abuse program activities
including providing activity reports, reviewing the files of
subordinates to ensure the accurate and timely documentation, and
creating an environment which supports that mission of the
- Develops and updates clinical policies and procedures,
treatment manuals and training curriculum, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the agency and institution
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in
any of the social sciences and six (6) months of professional
experience in chemical addiction counseling and/or mental health
- One of the following Certifications is required: -Certified
Addictions Professional (CAP), Certified Criminal Justice
Addictions Professional (CCJAP), Certified Associate Addictions
Professional (CAAP), Certified Criminal Justice Associate
Addictions Professional (CCJAAP); or -LMHC -(Licensed Mental Health
Counselor), LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LCSW (Licensed
Clinical Social Worker); or
- The Lead, Counselor Supervisor must meet the standards of a
"Qualified Professional", in accordance with Chapter 397, FS.
- Have working knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy
- Proven experience in supervising a substance abuse
- Preference given to experience within a correctional
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual
and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the
ability to implement team strategy approaches to work
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: Geo Reentry Services, Palm Bay , LEAD COUNSELOR SUPERVISOR, Other , Okeechobee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!