R&D Weed Control Group Leader 1
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2022
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to
counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious,
affordable food for all - while minimizing the use of land and
other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants
safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted
through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects
and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
To provide effective leadership and direction in order to build and
maintain a highly motivated weed control team at the Vero Beach
Research Center (VBRC) in order to support the CP R&D
Design, initiate, and conduct research projects including lab,
greenhouse and field studies. Complete assigned research projects
as a critical part of promoting new active ingredients, new
technology, and off-season support for development and commercial
products. Act as a field project coordinator for assigned projects.
Provide technology foresight and contribute to product intelligence
toward creating a competitive advantage.
- Provide leadership to team members; motivate, coach, and assign
- Active participant on special projects and/or teams.
- Support VBRC initiatives and the CPD Strategies.
- Promote operational excellence and optimization of assets
through management of group budget and equipment.
- Plan and complete weed control research programs, special
problem solving projects, and off-season support activities.
Develop trial methodology and protocols, interpret results, and
provide recommendations for further work or product uses
- Identify and pursue opportunities to add value to products in
the marketplace at the regional and global level. Lead and conduct
research and development of new active ingredients.
- Seek project requests from all internal customers, prioritize
and balance the workload of the group in line with company
- Provide support to the Sales team in the form of tech info,
training, and presentations. Conduct problem solving projects to
address market issues. Demonstrate awareness and understanding of
grower needs and perspectives and their relationship to Syngenta
- Be an active weed control Bioteam member
- Works toward a One Team One Plan mindset within team and
Critical success factors & key challenges.
- Understands the Syngenta portfolio in indication, ability to
innovate around developmental projects obstacles and sales support
needs that the VBRC can uniquely address.
- Develop an effective network of internal and external contacts
to maximize the value of the group and its ability to problem
- Cohesive team
- Demonstrate a cooperative style that facilitates working across
many functional interfaces
- Leadership/Stakeholder Management: Must work effectively with
stakeholders in North America and globally, e.g. protocol sponsors,
to ensure team delivery of conclusive trials and to ensure shared
practices and processes work effectively/collaboratively.
- Effectively leads across boundaries.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- In depth knowledge of the products, crops, markets, and methods
of research associated for weed control.
- Broad knowledge of technologies, modes of action, and weed
- Sufficient knowledge of the business to make and communicate
- Ph.D. in Weed Science or agronomy plus at least 3 years exp. or
a MS degree (weed science/agronomy) with 7 years of R&D
experience. And, typically desires a career path in leadership.
Critical Technical, Professional And Personal Capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer
- Good ability to foster teamwork and balance workload/resources
within the group.
- Is decisive, offers clear solutions and recommendations
- Strong planning, organizing, problem solving, and critical
- Exhibits and implements a continuous improvement mindset, out
of box thinking
- Particularly skilled in interacting and communicating with
internal and external customers and the VBRC team as a whole.
- Travel Requirements - 10 %
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
What We Offer
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes
professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that
supports the team members. offers flexible work options to support
your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts
your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave,
Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other
employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran
status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Syngenta, Palm Bay , R&D Weed Control Group Leader 1, Other , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!