Company: United Against Poverty
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Are you ready to start a career with an organization dedicated to
lifting lives out of poverty throughout the State of Florida? At
United Against Poverty, we care deeply about the communities we
serve and believe that poverty is not permanent; and that people
are not defined by their current circumstances. Our member grocery
and other supportive programs ensure our community members have
access to the resources, crisis care, case management, food and
household subsidies and transformative education necessary to
stabilize their current situations and permanently improve their
lives for the future.*
The Logistics Coordinator manages all aspects of United Against
Poverty logistics to ensure all loads are picked up and delivered
on time in a professional manner. On any given day, you will be
assigning drivers to product partners and purchase loads pickups,
communicating to drivers pickup locations, directions as needed,
apt numbers/PO#'s, status updates and serving as the onsite contact
for drivers, internal staff, product partners and more to resolve
any and all concerns and challenges.
*WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING*
- Work with the Procurement Manager on all aspects of United
Against Poverty logistics to ensure all loads are picked up and
delivered on time in a professional manner including:
o Assign all drivers for each Product Partner and Purchase loads
o Communicate to drivers all pickup locations, directions as
needed, apt numbers/PO#'s, status updates (i.e. ETA's, delays on
loading) onsite Contact and any additional information needed to
ensure all loads are picked up in a timely professional manner.
o Maintain record for all pickups including assigned driver, driver
check-in time, checkout time, location, and truck/trailer #.
- Audit freight bills verify all charges including mileage, dwell
time and service fees. Complete Freight Reconciliation sheets on
all contract driver bills and submit to the Procurement Manager in
a timely manner to ensure on time payment to these Business
- Work with internal teams and procurement to coordinate inbound
and outbound trucks to and from our warehouses and provide tracking
information. Helping to communicate truck availability, traffic
delays, pickup issues, messages from drivers, heavy/low inventory
items, relay upcoming product loads to warehouse team with as much
lead-time as possible to help ensure space is available when the
load arrives at our warehouse.
- Maintain, update, and disseminate various spreadsheets for cross
functional team reporting.
- Maintain shipment inbound logs on calendar, Procurement Receipt
tracking workbook and SharePoint incoming.
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality regarding
employee files and partners.
- Ensure each driver is completing a driver inspection for each
shift, communicate any issues to the Procurement Manager, Warehouse
and Maintenance Department as needed and keep on file annually.
- Work with our Procurement Manager to ensure all leased
trailers/trucks are properly registered, insured and maintained.
Including any repair orders, roadside assistance agreements and
preventative maintenance requests, yearly inspections and
communicate with internal teams when an asset will be out of
service for repairs.
- Maintain the Maintenance log on the SharePoint drive for all
leased and owned trucks/trailers in our fleet. Upload all work
orders as complete and close out repairs.
- Work closely with Procurement Manager daily to help balance
warehouse needs and partner needs. Communicate all issues with
pickups to Procurement MGR in real time so that the partners are
made aware as quickly as possible.
- Assist the dock with all inbound loads to the warehouse, ensure
each load is received through the POS and a Procurement Receipt is
completed. Maintain reporting in a timely and accurate manner to
provide the Procurement team detailed information on each load
- Maintain relationships with our contract drivers and ensure that
they are properly representing UAP's mission, core standards and
professionalism at all times as they represent our
- Monitor all shipping transfer forms for each load that leaves the
warehouse and confirm they are sent to site MGR's daily. Update the
warehouse shipping tracking sheet to provide detailed information
needed for monthly reporting on all product shipped to each of our
sites from our warehouse.
- Maintain files for all BOL's received at the warehouse and ensure
copies are sent to parties as needed.
- Research carriers and 3PL companies to work with and create
preferred companies list with pricing.
- Follow food safety protocols and company SOP's.
- Take initiatives and contribute to a team environment.
- Strict compliance to all UAP Safety Policies and Procedures
including all OSHA Rules.
- Provide support to the Procurement and Warehouse Manager's as
needed and all additional duties as assigned.
*ESSENTIALS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL*
- Previous logistics experience (required).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to multi-task effectively within a rapidly changing
- Positive attitude even in the face of adversity.
- Effective decision making, problem-solving and conflict
*EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
- Associates Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
Management preferred, High School Diploma required.
- One (1) year of experience relevant to the standard practices and
procedures within a Distribution Center required. One (1) year of
experience in Dispatching or Logistics required.
- Flexibility to work all shifts including holidays, weekends, and
overtime as business needs require. Ability to answer after-hours
calls to expedite shipping as required.
- Ability to successfully complete SafeServ training certification
within first 30 days of employment.
- This position may need to respond occasionally to calls and/or
emails outside of normal business hours.
*PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS*
Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time and
move frequently throughout the day. Ability to sit at a desk and
work on a computer as needed. Must have access to a personal
vehicle and possess a valid driver's license and good driving
record (as this is a frequently driving position). Ability to bend,
push, pull and lift items of 25lbs or more required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: United Against Poverty
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: United Against Poverty, Palm Bay , Logistics Coordinator, Other , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!