Lead, Systems Administration TS/SCI - Palm Bay, FL
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Title: Lead, Systems Administration
Job Code: SAS20221409-90446
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking a dynamic System Administrator with 9+ years of experience with critical system design and implementation in unique and challenging programs. The selected candidate will be part of an exclusive national security program and work on the design, development, deployment, and O&M for critical wireless, infrastructure and/or communication programs. Bring your talents to the front line at the cutting edge of Defense and Technology at L3Harris Technologies.
* Responsible for assisting in planning and implementing the necessary hardware and software equipment to maintain and/or enhance the customer's local and wide-area networks.
* Evaluate vendor products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization's short and long-term objectives.
* Functional knowledge and experience with DevSecOps capabilities:
* Knowledge of infrastructure automation with Ansible and streamline configurations with Puppet and Cobbler Kickstart.
* Continuous integration and build experience with Jenkins and knowledge of Jenkins DSL.
* Install and configure Traefik Proxy.
* Software configuration management using Git.
* Artifact repository management using Nexus.
* Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices.
* Provide Tier II support for staff; may require after-hours, phone or on-site support.
* Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of design, installation, maintenance, and support of network infrastructure following established methodologies and processes.
* Perform Nessus or Rapid7 vulnerability scans, analysis, and documenting findings.
* Support/facilitate customer meetings and ensure compliance with project requirements.
* Troubleshoot, analyze and maintain systems.
* Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot RHEL 6/7/8 or Ubuntu systems.
* Configure and maintain LDAP services.
* Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams. Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with virtual environment (e.g. VMware, KVM, Hyper-V) management and configuration.
* Provide training/guidance for junior engineers.
* Support System Administrator activities pertaining to day-to-day operations and management, requirements analysis, management & compliance, design milestones and test/verification activities.
* Provide technology refresh, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for the network architecture.
* Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of relevant experience OR
* Master's Degree and 7 years of relevant experience
* Top Secret/SCI clearance required to start
* This work is primarily on-site in Palm Bay, FL and does not support remote work
Preferred Additional Skills:
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 or Level 3 certification (e.g. Sec+, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH).
* Working knowledge of Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket.
* Working knowledge of certificate-based security (TLS, SSL, OCSP).
* Working knowledge of networking elements, including TCP/IP protocols & ports, DNS, NAT, subnet masks, etc.
* Experience in configuring firewalls and switches.
* Experience implementing patching, scanning, remediating findings, auditing (IAVA Compliance).
* Ability to integrate RMF principles into ground-up builds.
* Experience with Docker/Podman container platforms or orchestration with Kubernetes.
* Previous experience supporting DoD & IC Government customers.
* Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience.
* Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment.
* Ability to travel CONUS up to 10%.
* Demonstrated self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent task.
* Demonstrated scripting experience (Bash/Shell, Python, Perl) to provide System Administration efficiencies.
* Experience in highly technical programs, both commercial and governmental.
* Ability to thrive and communicate in a matrix organization.
* Clear and concise briefing ability of technical projects to non-technical audiences and customers.
* Experience in non-traditional classified environments.
* Knowledge of DISA STIG process/requirements and/or CIS Benchmarks.
* Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
* TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph candidates are extremely competitive.
Keywords: L3Harris, Palm Bay , Lead, Systems Administration TS/SCI - Palm Bay, FL, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
here to apply!