Officer - Med Response Tech
Company: Seminole Gaming
Posted on: March 19, 2023
In addition to its two Seminole Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos, the Seminole Tribe owns and operates the five Seminole Casinos; in Coconut Creek and Hollywood, on the Southeast coast in Immokalee near Naples, on the Brighton Reservation north of Lake Okeechobee, and on the Big Cypress Reservation south of Lake Okeechobee.
The Seminole Tribe has long been recognized for innovation in its gaming and other businesses. It opened the first high-stakes bingo hall and casino in the United States in 1979. That facility was the forerunner of the Indian Gaming movement throughout North America.
Analysts believe today's Seminole Tribe operates one of the most profitable gaming enterprises in the world. In March 2007, the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired Hard Rock International, the first transaction of its kind by an Indian tribe. Hard Rock International is one of the most globally recognized music, entertainment, leisure and dining brands. It includes the world's largest collection of authentic music memorabilia. The deal also includes licensing or franchise agreements for additional restaurants, hotels and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Casino Brighton can feel more like play than work. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits and a great work environment. If you're ready to join a stellar team full of tastemakers and trendsetters who stand out from the average resort crew, apply today.
Seminole Casino Brighton is a 27,000-square-foot casino with 400+ slot and gaming machines,Table Games and high-stake bingo seats, with full service restaurant and lounge. Its warm and friendly staff, ultra-modern air-conditioning system, clean atmosphere, and rewarding casino promotions are a welcome alternative to big city gaming.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at
Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future
This Medical Response Tech Officer is responsible for providing basic protection for the safety and assets of patrons, employees and the company. In addition, they will exhibit an outgoing firendly customer-oriented personality at all times.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Assists in the coordination of emergency situtation
* Provides emergency medical care within limits of certification
* Disinfects and maintains cleanliness of EMS equipment, supplies and treatment rooms as per the requirements of daily assignments
* Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures
* Patrols the casino areas to establish a security presence and reports all unusual situations and/or suspicious persons
* Completes thorough documentation of all medical calls
* Completes all required checklists for inventory and inspections of supplies and equipment
* Notifies a Supervisor of any problems with equipment and/or supplies and makes note of supplies that require replenishing
* Replaces supplies as necessary and reports missing supplies to a Supervisor
* High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
* Current CPR/AED certification required
* One (1) year of appropriate medical service experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
* Excellent Communication skills
* Must be able to promote an outgoing, friendly customer oriented personality at all times
* Must provide adequate protection for the safety and assets of patrons, employees and the company
* Must be able to handle emergency situations calmly
* Must be able to wear a radio earphone without any medical limitations
* Must be willing to appropriately handle bodily fluids and possible hazardous situations
* Must have a valid motor vehicle license with a good driving record
* Must obtain Medical Response Technician certification through the Seminole Tribe of Florida
Duties and responsibilities are typically performed on the Casino Floor in a fast paced, guest-smoking environment with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise as well as in the back of house of the property. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ailities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE POLICY
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet job requirements.
Seminole Gaming's employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Seminole Gaming, Palm Bay , Officer - Med Response Tech, Other , Okeechobee, Florida
here to apply!