Lead Mechanical Engineer, UAE
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Description: Job Title:?? Mechanical Engineer ?? Expat ? UAEJob Code: ES20182009-27533Location:?Palm Bay, FLJob Description:Mechanical Engineer Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead on a large international program. The position will be based in Palm Bay, FL to start, followed by a field assignment located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) supporting the program?s 7-12 month assignment for the program?s second phase (Initial Operational Capability). The position would then transition back to Palm Bay, FL.
- Serve as an IPT Lead (IPTL) for the Mechanical team and serve in the capacity of a technical manager from product definition to delivery.
- Expected to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex electro-mechanical hardware and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment.
- Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing.
- Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, design for manufacturing, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Possess good leadership, collaboration, and business execution skills.?Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s or?Master?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,?Engineering Mechanics, or related disciplines.
- 6+ years of prior?relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or 4+ years of prior relevant?experience with a Master's Degree.
- Proficiency?in CAD tools such as CREO and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric?Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in the design and documentation of high-reliability cable harnesses.
- Ability to spend 7-12 months in the UAE (housing and other costs covered).
- Ability to obtain customer clearance.?Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in?the design and documentation of high-reliability cable harnesses.
- Experience in?design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development
- Familiarity?with Earned Value Management System and application of its metrics to cost, schedule, and explain variances.
- Control?Account Management experience is a plus
- Familiarization?with domestic and foreign military naval vessels is a plusSecurity Clearance:Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one.? Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.? In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.By submitting your r?sum? for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r?sum?, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.?
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay
Activation Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 22, 2020
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Palm Bay , Lead Mechanical Engineer, UAE, Other , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!