Cumberland International - Diesel Technician- Palm Bay
Company: Orion Talent
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The Service Technicians are an integral and vital part of the
Service Department by facilitating the inspection
and repair of vehicles. This position is crucial to achieve the
highest customer satisfaction and dealer profitability by
performing his/her duties in accordance with the current vendor and
our company's policies and procedures.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Properly complete the service and/or repairs for which trained
as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety
requirements and published procedures.
- Immediately report to supervision or management any shop
equipment that is malfunctioning or that requires maintenance.
- Properly use and promptly return the special tools and
equipment provided by the service department.
- Promptly notify service consultant of any additional services
needed and complete additional services only when authorization is
- Notify Service Supervisor after two hours of initial
diagnostics in determining status of the repair.
- Participate in and utilize to the best of one's abilities
technical training as assigned by management.
- Produce quality work that evidences pride of workmanship.
- Maintain your assigned workspace in an organized and clean
- Ensure that guest vehicles are returned to them as clean as
they were prior to being serviced.
- Show the utmost courtesy to all guests
visitors and dealership personnel.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by
- Review the technical bulletins and other publications as
assigned by management.
- Strictly adhere to manufacturer's policy and procedures as they
relate to labor operations
time and repair order documentation when performing warranty
repairs and torque specifications.
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete
warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management or
required by the warranty administrator.
- Constructively communicate with other dealership personnel as
required to satisfy guest needs.
- Use shop supplies and materials in a practical and economical
- Maintain ASE certification as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain
consideration for this position:
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the
customer and service team.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Must have an inventory of hand tools to facilitate the assigned
- Must be Certified by International in at least three areas of
- Technician efficiency rating at 75% or better
- Technician Productivity Percentage at 75% or better
- Must complete the required education requirements including ERS
(Safety) in the specified timeframe.
- Good attendance
Physical Requirements of the job position:
- Be able to stoop
and any other position necessary to work on a diesel engine and
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to work in a hot or cold environment.
- Able to work in a wet or humid environment.
- Able to work in a moderately noisy environment.
This is not necessarily a list of all of the duties
responsibilities and requirements associated with this position.
While the accountabilities noted herein are intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job
the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and
duties as circumstances change.
Keywords: Orion Talent, Palm Bay , Cumberland International - Diesel Technician- Palm Bay, Professions , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!