PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN WOUND CARE
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Vero Beach
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Job Profile Summary:Performs duties to promote patient comfort
and provides assistance to the nursing staff as a part of the
patient care team. Transports patients by wheelchair, bed or
stretcher to and from the department and nursing units under the
direct supervision of an RN. Functions as a certified Nurse
Assistant to promote patient comfort for all classification of
patients including adolescents; young adults; middle adults; and
the elderly. Assists nursing staff as directed. Conducts EKG and
phlebotomy responsibilities when directed.Responsibilities:
- Attends to patient and family's immediate needs and problems by
acknowledging and providing required attention.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living, including
dressing, bathing, and hygiene needs.
- Carries out nursing orders according to established policies
- Reports all pertinent information regarding patient's condition
to the appropriate nursing staff.
- Assists in providing patients with nutritional needs as per
physician order; assists patients with tray setup and
- feeding as needed.
- Interacts with the Food and Nutrition Services to maintain an
adequate supply of nourishment for the patients.
- Provides patients with hygiene, nutritional needs, ambulation,
toileting, and linen changes.
- Provides patients with respect, dignity, and privacy at all
- Organizes and prioritizes workload by determining order of
importance of task to be performed and within agreed upon time
- Follows up with appropriate personnel.
- Attentive when receiving instructions and follows through work
with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Works cooperatively with other team members.
- Restocks necessary supplies on a daily basis and as
- Maintains orderliness and appearance of the unit by keeping
work area clean and tidy.
- Orders supplies from Central Supply to keep the par levels with
an acceptable range.
- Transports patients on stretchers and beds in accordance within
required safety guidelines.
- Documents care provided on the medical record as
- Interacts with the Environmental Department to insure an
adequate supply of clean linen or daily patient care.
- Collects and transports specimens as directed and in accordance
with hospital policy.
- Provides RN/LPN with accurate and timely intake/output data,
vital signs, blood glucose results and other data as assigned.
- Notes changes from prior measurement and communicates
- Responds to call lights within a maximum of FIVE minutes or
communicates inability to do so to assure the response target is
- Reports patient needs to RN/LPN immediately.
- If primary nurse is not available the PCT makes the Clinical
Shift Manager or Relief Charge Nurse aware. Demonstrates the
ability to obtain vital signs and reports results to RN/LPN in a
- Notes changes from prior measurement and communicates
- Treats all customers including other members of the healthcare
team with courtesy and respect.
- Assists in the removal of equipment (I.e. IV pumps, commodes,
PAS) in preparation for room cleaning.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required and graduate of approved
program for Nursing Assistants or previous hospital training or
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA).Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation:
Demonstrates courteous, polite, friendly and cooperative behaviors
- Supports and participates in activities that promote customer
- Utilizes approved hospital scripts.
- Courteously answers the telephone utilizing approved script
(department, name and "How can I help you").
- Assists in answering call lights when on the nursing units
(includes ancillary and non-patient care personnel). Answers call
lights within 4 rings.
- Acknowledges patients/guests/others immediately upon entering
the department/work area.
- Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command
for notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
(Calls are answered within 4 rings.)
- Attitude: Chooses to have a positive attitude every day.
- Customer waiting: Updates waiting patient/family per protocol.
(Scheduled visit every 10 minutes, unscheduled every 30
- Adaptability: Exhibits good communication and listening
- Speaks clearly, actively listens.
- Able to work with diverse populations (patient, staff,
physicians) under difficult and stressful situations.
- Supports the team approach.
- Committed to Customer Service standards.
- Encourages patients and family members to ask questions.
- Avoids jargon.
- Teamwork: Understands and supports the needs of individuals in
other departments, works as a team to achieve mutual goals. Offers
assistance and promptly responds to requests (patient, physician,
manager and others).
- Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be
- Carries Spectralink phone at all times.
- Updates patient boards with numbers. (Appropriate personnel)
Attends 80% of all staff meetings.
- Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Offers suggestions for
departmental and/or hospital-wide performance/process improvement.
Intervenes to correct problems (patient and system) as they
- Notifies manager/director of actions and outcome.
- Participates in the performance/process improvement
- Completes required logs and quality controls as per
- Work Habits: Readily accepts work assignments in a positive
- Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent.
- Documentation is legible.
- Safety: Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in
accordance with health and safety codes.
- Uses Standard precautions in all patient contacts.
- Provides a safe environment for patients/family and visitors,
and reports safety issues and equipment failures
- Confidentiality: Sensitive information including, but not
limited to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and
employee information is kept confidential without exception,
according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Ensures that the rights of all patients are respected and
maintained by allowing for privacy, cultural diversity and dignity
in the provision of care.
- Demonstrates organizational skills in the form of
prioritization and time management.
- Essential Job Requirements: Policies/Procedures: Is aware of
and follows all hospital,corporate, regional, and departmental
policies and procedures.
- Appearance: Projects a professional image, follows the hospital
dress code policy and/ordepartment requirements.
- Wears hospital ID badge at all times on duty.
- Attendance: Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled
- Does not take advantage of sick time.
- Punctuality: Clocks in by the scheduled start time of the shift
and is ready for work.
- Continues working until scheduled departure time. Leaves as
scheduled unless overtime is approved by supervisor.
- Managerial Responsibilities: Makes suggestions to reduce
- Ensures that personnel and supplies of the organization are
used in a cost effective manner.
- Identifies cost saving strategies for department/hospital.
- Submits accurate and timely hospital charges for
- Offers opinions and information that reflect positively on
Cleveland Clinic Florida.
- Will take the time to speak with an employee (privately) if
they observe or overhear that anemployee is not being an ambassador
of the hospital.
- Understands how individual job performance affects department
and hospital growth.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve service or
- Participates in hospital/departmental committees to improve
service and streamline organizational processes.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed byindividuals assigned to this
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign
other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.Work
- A minimum of six months experience in an acute care hospital
setting is recommended.Physical Requirements:
- The position requires a considerate amount of physical work not
to exceed 50 pounds.
- Any workload exceeding 50 pounds will require assistance.
- The individual will be required to pull up or reposition
patients in bed, lift supplies, place equipment or supports, and
push beds throughout the hospital.
- The individual must be able to bend over to perform certain
duties such as check chest tube drainage, check urine output,
- The individual must be able to quickly maneuver throughout
halls, stairways and patient rooms in response to hospital
- Interpretation of environmental input requires visual and
- In the event there is a need to evacuate the building, heavy
lifting will be required to carry patients to safety.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to
prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous
requests; ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department director, physicians and other
members of the Healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
- Special Demands: Essential Sensory requirement - ability to
visually assess patients and implement plan of care.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skill - finger dexterity and eye/hand
coordination are necessary when charting, using equipment, and
providing direct patient care.Personal Protective Equipment:Follows
standard precautions using personal protective equipment as
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Bay , PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN WOUND CARE, Professions , Vero Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!